Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Broccoli Soup - Stop Thinking of the Past and Future

Cool, damp day.   Thought of Broccoli soup.   The first time I tasted was at my friend Clarice's
home, now gone 15 years and still miss her.    Invited to her home for lunch and she served this and I asked
about it.  

It comes in little packages, you add 2 cups of milk, 2 cups of fresh chopped broccoli and butter.   I found at the local market and now
they haves stopped selling it.  Bought this last package from Trader Joe's in Nashville. and not going
for a while until son arrives home to take me to Nashville.   After just using this last package thought of Amazon and there it was.
Just ordered  to have on hand.   I sometimes add small amount of shredded carrot and sometimes top
with cooked chopped bacon, not this time.
Quick and healthy.....




I copied this morning for my journal.

"We know not to get caught in the past or future,
(and difficult for me to do)
but in order to be in the Now, we also have to let go of the present"

"Lock Kelly"

4 comments:

Tabor said...

The past is our guide and the future our opportunity...but we must dwell in the now.

Sky said...

We're going to look around for the soup mix. We both love soup, and that will be perfect here where it will be chilly for another 2+ months. I can add it to Amazon, too, if our local markets don't carry it.

Judy said...

I am dwelling in the now, but I thought the now was the present.
I'm a bit confused.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Sky, this soup is so good for times I do not feel like cooking a meal.