Saturday, March 7, 2015

Yesterday at Dawn, Baking and Carbon Monoxide

Dawn
Cooling and because I had cranberries
on hand - a handful was added to blueberry bread.   Glaze a little thicker then I wanted
but still so tasty.
Two loaves frozen and waiting for my son's arrival.    If I happen to eat them - will make more :)


Gas logs checked yesterday by Gas Company
and carbon monoxide level too high.
When installed logs had not been  situated properly in fireplace and now they are correct.
Noticed my eyes burning over the last week and thought it might be the bright snow
and sun pouring through the windows.
So happy I had the thought
could it be the gas logs
since I was burning them much more during this unusually cold and long winter.
Burning them was rare in the past...

Looking forward to sun and warming trend predicted over next days....

DON'T TO FORGET TO TURN YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD
TONIGHT..,..

14 comments:

Rebecca said...

Glaze - the way I like it!
Glad you got the gas log situation corrected!
Happy Friday to you!

Rebecca said...

Oops. I guess it's Saturday! (Not sure what happened to Friday.)

Tabor said...

Oh my, what a scare for those of us who read your blog. Carbon Monoxide poisoning is not easy to detect when serious, so glad you leak was light!!! Stay safe and keep baking.

Pienosole said...

When I saw "carbon monoxide" in your title, I rushed to read on and am so relieved to know you are fine. Your berry bread is making my mouth water.

Wisewebwoman said...

OMG, so happy that you had the gas company checking this out.

the world would not be the same without you dear Ernestine. Your loaves look so good.

XO
WWW

lil red hen said...

Ditto ~ Wisewebwoman ~ Something, or rather SOMEONE, was certainly watching over you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca, Tabor, Pienosole, WWW and Charlotte, thanks to each of you for visiting.
SNOW IS ALMOST GONE....

Sandra said...

I think I'm going to drop in for a chat on baking day at your house! I'll bring you some spring flowers!

Judi said...

Your bread sounds and looks good.

Judi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, you are welcome anytime...
Judi, :)

Friko said...

Clocks aren’t changed until the end of the month here.

Be careful with carbon monoxide, it could be dangerous.

Eat some of your bread, I wouldn’t be able to leave it untouched.

Barb said...

Sure glad you got those logs checked. Do you have carbon monoxide detectors in your house? They are inexpensive, and you get them at the hardware store. We have them in all the bedrooms. I tried to buy fresh cranberries last week and was told they are out of season. I wish I had frozen a few bags. Your bread looks yummy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Friko and Barb, thanks for stopping by..