Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 30, 2015

Memory

As I checked some favorite blogs this morning
Sandra reminded me of the beautiful Magnolia tree
that was in side yard of my city home.

http://reflectionsandnature.blogspot.com/

I would plant one here in the country
but they are so slow to grow
that I do not think the beauty of the one
in past years
I could enjoy on this property.

Looks like a warmer week
with Spring finally arriving.

Most of my herbs were lost during this cold winter
and soon a trip to the nursery to purchase my favorites
along with some ferns for the porch...

13 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Enjoy the spring weather.

Tabor said...

The spring visits to the nursery are like going to a chocolate store or a book store for me. I want to buy them all.

Pienosole said...

Spring! :-)

Sandra said...

Thank you for the kind link to the Magnolia on my blog!
I do not have a garden as I live in an apartment, but I certainly enjoy the gardens in my neighbourhood to the full! The blooming Magnolia was discovered down by the lake not too far from me!
It will be wonderful choosing new plants for your garden to celebrate Spring!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Oh Yes, Sallysmom, Pienosole :)
Sandra, I tried to email you that I was doing this
and email was returned.
Your images beautiful
and hope it was alright to share with others
what I enjoy ..

lil red hen said...

Doesn't it feel good to get a little dirt under the fingernails and a little sun on the back!

Judy said...

My Sandra has some beautiful photos!! Yes, I too had a large, beautiful Magnolia tree. So fragile--if a late frost comes, which it always seemed to do, the blossoms fall. Thank goodness it still stands in the yard where my oldest daughter now lives, so I can visit it as often as I like. We are expecting 2" of snow tonight. ARGGH!!

Judy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kay said...

Magnolia trees look so beautiful in spring. You could just buy a bigger magnolia tree to plant.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, oh yes.
Judy and Kay, :)

Wisewebwoman said...

We've had a wee taste of it out here, I went for a walk along the shore yesterday. First time in yonks.

Sun. Blue. Ice floating out to sea. Birds.

Bliss.

XO
WWW

Hughes ap Williams said...

Plant the magnolia as a show of faith in the future. Someone will enjoy it.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, more will come :)
Huges ap William, I may do it :)