Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Gathered

The frost never spoiled my
Rosemary and Sage.
Just gathered some and will put
Rosemary in a vase on the table.
At this time like this better then flowers.
The scent of them both in the kitchen
at this moment
is wonderful.
I cannot imagine
not having fresh herbs....
Also still have an abundance of Parsley, Chives and some Cilantro.


Fresh sage for dressing
is really strong
and only use a little
Oh
such a difference from the sage you find in a little can at the market.

Snow has almost melted....

10 comments:

MsGraysea said...

Some delicious loveliness from you this morning, Ernestine. I could smell those herbs that will grace your table.
Wishing you a beautiful Thanksgiving with your family, and I will give thanks for the sweet moments of wisdom, caring and beauty you bring to our lives.

lil red hen said...

Oh yes, and do I see a Christmas cactus budding on your table?

Balisha said...

I put some of my sage and rosemary in a vase with rose hips and placed it on my Manger scene. I love the simplicity of herbs in a vase. My rosemary doesn't last through most winters here...and it doesn't do well in the house, so I have to buy new ones each year.
I'm thankful this year for deepening friendships with my friends who blog.My day is complete, when I read posts from friends like you.
Balisha

Tabor said...

making my dressing tomorrow while waiting for daughter to arrive.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, yes :)
Marcia, Balisha (I am going to gather some rose hips on my one last rose bush - thanks for the idea)
Tabor, :)

Judy said...

Fresh is best! I have a bundle of sage hanging over my kitchen window--not to use, just to enjoy the smell.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your sunny window vignette! Rosemary is my favorite of the herbs; also love a variegated sage I have. Happy Thanksgiving!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I can just imagine the wonderful scent of your rosemary and sage. It makes me wish that I would have gotten an herb garden started this past summer.

Every year I mean to, but then I get sidetracked and carried away by all of the splash and color of annuals. In the fall, I realize that those bright colors quickly faded and herbs have character and would have been long lasting.
Hopefully this coming spring I will start my herb garden.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, Mary, Susie
thank you...

thewiildmagnola said...

you have a turbo green thumb.