Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, June 9, 2013

As Evening Approaches

At the end of the day
while washing dishes
and looking out kitchen window
there is always so much activity
at the bird feeders
I watch and sometimes try to quietly
open the door to screen porch
and then screen door
to stand in the opening
to hopefully get a good shot
most of the time
they hear me and fly away
and then sometimes I am lucky

thank you Mr. Bluebird

7 comments:

molly said...

Lovely shot!

Hill Top Post said...

Patience usually pays off...great shot!

Mrs A said...

I love your bluebird, and I love that you could see it ...and take a photo from your back door! Mrs A

Tabor said...

Bluebirds are slowly increasing in our area. What a lovely bluebird house!

Marge said...

Gorgeous!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Molly, Mary, Mrs A, Marge and
Tabor, thank you
My daughter gave me that birdhouse
many years ago...

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Your patience and persistence were rewarded. How gratifying!