Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, September 1, 2012

September - To Do List

More blooms


One Woman's list
for the time of life she planned on having less to do.

Flu shot for me
Rabies shot for Callie
A/H unit serviced
Car washed
Lawn tractor serviced and blade sharpened
Clean garage
Defrost freezer in garage
Wash windows
Electrician to reverse fan blades and new batteries for smoke detectors
Clear wood paths of limbs
Deck and porches pressure washed and sealed
2 trees down at edge of woods
see if someone wants to cut for firewood
Plant an apple tree
Buy some mums for terrace
Order large rock for area that is washing
Bush hog in front of woods
Add more topsoil to raised vegetable bed
Create a plan for small cottage on stilts for damp area of property
Keep dreaming of small shed with attached carport for truck

Attempt to stay off of computer more
Work at having better posture while on computer
Try to relax more, pace myself and not expect so much of One Woman at this stage of her life....

16 comments:

Lynn said...

Happy September ~ like you list as I'm list maker too.

Judy said...

I'm exhausted just reading what needs to be done.

Nan said...

I love your list!! I think September brings a special kind of energy, don't you! Wish we could come cut the trees for you.

nancy at good food matters said...

a very fine list for september,
don't get daunted by its length!
for me, making the list is the first crucial step to accomplishment
I learned,
if it's not on the list,
it doesn't exist!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lynn, Judy, Nan and Nancy,
Oh yes, I am a list maker, and could add more :)
Turnip greens are small and look great and I can begin to eat (like every other day)
with sliced hard boiled egg, chopped bacon and my cornbread and sweet tea - now that is eating...

Hill Top Post said...

The older I get, it seems the list grows longer. Without a list I seem to get lost, without direction. Happy September!

Tabor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tabor said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tabor said...

Wow you ARE busy. I also am a list maker and have been all my life. I need it more these days as I forget much. I will be on travel after this week...so will make my list when I come back.

Tabor said...

Wow, your word verification was so hard this time it took me FOUR tries to comment. Somedays I just attempt only once and go on.

lil red hen said...

I'm already tired from my own day's work ~ can't keep up with One Woman! :)

Sky said...

making the list is easy...doing it another thing altogether for us! busy autumn heading your way. you should feel very accomplished when this list is done.

hope you have a nice monday. busy and fun week planned for us. i need a break from all the hard stuff the days continue to throw my way with the issues concerning my ill father who fell and is back in the hospital.

mel said...

The last 3 are my favorite and, boy, that last one made me sit up straight!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Sky and Mel, thanks for visiting - we all think a lot alike.
Have a good
Sunday...
Sky, Take care...

mel said...

I am up late because of a water main break on my property, waiting for the Water Company to arrive, and just floating around the internet while I wait. Your reading list encourages me to read Thich Nhat Han again. Thank you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mel, sorry about the problem. I am well aware much does not go smooth :) take care...