Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Little Bear

I received an email from my grandson early this morning
He shared what a handsome dog
Bear has become.
I smile
as I remember the story.
Last Spring
little Bear on my country road
someone had dropped him off
and I spotted him.  He must have been
only weeks old.  Stopped the truck and
picked him up.   He sat in my lap all the
way to the cottage property.  Never took his eyes off of me.
Covered with ticks that I tried to remove.
He had captured my heart but knew I could not take on a puppy.
Gavin made a visit and fell in love with him.
The next day he had already been picked up by the animal shelter
when the call came that Gavin was going to pick him up.
So Bear was rescued and lived at the fraternity house with a lot of young men.
Time came for him to return to his parents home and Bear went to Tampa, Florida.
Special grandson is now in Washington, D.C. involved in an internship.
Future plans he wants Bear with him.
~~Lucky Dog~~

9 comments:

GParker said...

Great post Grandma : )

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Gavin, you commented - now tell me about that image - not you :)

Beverly said...

I must have missed the post on where Bear was, so happy to read this today! He is so good looking, and hope he gets to be with his "human" soon!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly, Bear is with his mom and dad (my daughter) They will be pleased when Gavin can take him :)

Tabor said...

Such a lucky dog to have found your loving family.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, Bear may be luckier then any of us. Not a care in the world, just loved, sleep and eat..

Sky said...

he is gorgeous!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, he is a lucky dog. From being dropped on a country road
to Tampa and soon Washington, DC.
He is living the life :)