Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Fall - Is That You

This morning it was 40 on my deck.
Made me think of Fall with the wearing of a long sleeve sweater.
Trees are still green and a few blooms remain in garden and pots.
Turkeys make a visit every evening and Callie just looks at them
A little bird on a branch every evening at dusk.
All the different birds at feeders have almost disappeared except for the Finch.
Wonder where they are.  Guess not hungry.
The awful corn field in front - I am told will be cut tomorrow and beautiful winter wheat planted...

One on her way to Kansas for special assignment.
One in Washington, D.C.
Two in New York.
One preparing for hospital tests in another state
One had a terrible allergic reaction for something, mom thinks she did not need.
One - maybe - will be visiting soon :)
A few other things - I won't mention...
This afternoon  A/H unit serviced
Soon, Callie, rabbi shot and car serviced.
Talk to painter about having deck sealed.
Trying to eat more - even in the middle of the night.
Drinking Ensure - some say they do not like it - a plus, I like it.
Need more protein - do not want to lose any more weight.
Need to do something about my hair
I dreamed of beautiful white hair in later years  and it is not going to happen.
It is turning a color - with no name :)
My favorite aunt at 93 had black hair she refused to turn gray.  I did not like it
but she did and that is all that matters.

Wonder if some of this  list  is why my prayer time goes on and on at night and I have
difficulty sleeping.

Some say they have trouble remembering
I have difficulty forgetting..

12 comments:

lil red hen said...

I'm with you about not being able to forget ~ good and bad.

My hair has been white for a long, long time; don't remember my mother having anything but white hair. The daughters are beginning to have a few gray hairs; some color, others let it be.

I'd like to lose about 15 pounds; could I send it your way? :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, send a few pounds my way :) My mother, grandmothers and some aunts - all white hair.
It says in the bible that white hair is your crown of glory - hope my crown is on the way :)hey, maybe I am not going to get one :(

Hill Top Post said...

Is it any wonder why this is my favorite blog...so much to see and to think about here! Your photos are great...Woodhaven looks so beautiful and, what a fantastic shot of the turkeys! I can usually put myself to sleep at night by thinking about how to do something...sewing, crafting, gardening, decorating, etc... crowds out other thoughts that might keep me awake, I think.

Sky said...

love the turkeys! wish some would visit us.

i know insomnia all too well. :(

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Mary, thank you for the compliment.
I can do the same thing by creating at night. Have always done this :)
Sky, take care...

Judy said...

Your last two sentences--me too. I fall asleep in the middle of my prayers--but I guess God hears my heart so He knows who I'm praying for.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, thank you for visiting..

sharon said...

I get ya there.thanks for your honesty..this is what you do sit in you garden and breathe and look at hthe beatuy..you have amazing turkeys watch them..night..zanax

Sharon said...

Glad to read how well Bear is doing:) This time of year especially it seems like there is so much to do and take care of. If I'm overtired I have trouble getting to sleep. Deep breaths and lovingkindness thoughts for all the family and friends I can name relax me enough to fall asleep, and those positive thoughts see me through a good night's rest.

the wild magnolia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the wild magnolia said...

love the photo sharing. i can visualize you there.

the turkeys are awesome.

the wheat will be pretty. golden

take care of you e.

you are in my thoughts and prayers.

((hugs))

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon and another Sharon and Sandy, Thank you...