Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Simple Pleasure

The soil is damp
from overnight rain
wind is blowing
to cool to work in garden
so
the sun is shining
in the windows
 a perfect morning to
make the old wood gleam.

She polishes away
loves the shine
and the fresh smell
fills her cottage.

It is almost as if the
old furniture is
smiling at her....

8 comments:

kerrdelune said...

I absolutely adore old wood, and the oak in the second picture is gorgeous.

Tabor said...

Reminds me of the time I used to take polishing our upright piano. I loved the way it gleamed when I was done.

Judy said...

Beautiful

the wild magnolia said...

I'm with kerrdelune, i adore old wood, and the smell of furniture polish.

Furniture is family. Beautiful.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, Tabor, Judy and Sandra,
thanks for visiting and liking my gleaming furniture...

lil red hen said...

I'm glad you got some rain, now the plants will grow quickly. Almost too cool here yesterday to be comfortable; I wore a pullover sweater and long sleeved shirt inside the tractor.

Seems you put your day indoors to good use.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

charlotte - thanks for visiting..

www.bedroomchecker.com said...

I admire old wood, the art, design and old wood can last longer.

by Places To Go