Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, April 28, 2012

A Collage Of Part Of My Life


Click on this to enlarge.

Trying to figure out how to make a collage of my selected images for a family letter?

Now my talented daughter and soninlaw - could do it in a minute.

Mom is trying.

A computer and camera student for the rest of her life is One Woman.
The love of these began just 5 years ago.  In younger years
never would have dreamed of such a thing.

It does keep me still and uses my brain instead of body.

This body does a lot of physical work here at Woodhaven.
Gardening is a passion along with cleaning the woods.

Guess it is good for me. in this third act.

I read somewhere about the 3 acts of life.
First act would be until age 30,
age 30 to 60 second act
and then from 60 to 90 the third act,
guess beyond that would be final curtain.

Two in my family
my grandmother
and a favorite aunt
lived to the early 90's.

Contemplating all of this
and half way through the third act,
I had better be doing what I like
and if there is something else
I want to do or experience - better do it
as time has gone and is continuing  at a rapid pace.

I smile as I think that most who read my rambling
are in their second act.
Then a few like me
in this third act......

7 comments:

Elsa Louise said...

I think it looks great. I’d crop it, to even up the four sides, and add a border afterward.

Did you have fun creating it? What program did you use?

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Elsa Louise, so good to hear from you...I did this through Picasa.
Do not even remember how I did it.
This is an old post I wrote quite a while ago :) When an idea surfaces I sit down and type...

the wild magnolia said...

oh, i am in the third act too, and loving it. i am much more comfortable here. after the third act, i'm thinking we are graduated to the highest level.

great share. for me, working with photo editing is fun. i've learned most things from trial and error and mistake.

happy saturday and sunday.

((hugs))

Sky said...

love making collages - made some great ones in college on wooden boards and decoupaged them. i think you did a great job. :)

have a great sunday. we'll be in the gardens digging homes for our new rubra dogwood, 3 magnolias - wine, yellow, and white bloomers, and a flowering currant! oh, and an intoxicating daphne called summer ice that we found yesterday - one that will bloom for up to 6 months! we love the winter o'doro we have from this family. the fragrance is exotic. can't wait to have this new one in a seating area. easy to see what we will be doing today!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra, thank you for visiting.
Sky, you have a busy day and some of the plantings I am not familar with. Sounds like a beautiful setting. Don't work to hard :)

lil red hen said...

The third act (or winter) is my life now too. I just said tonight, there are so many things I want done, and so little time left to do them.

I enjoyed this post!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, we are sisters in thought...