Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Good Day And Special Visitors

Four generations of readers.
My mother, this grandmother,
my children and now the youngest
of my grandchildren.

They are spending the day
and it seems the time of bringing
satchels of toys has ended.

How wonderful that they bring
an armful of books and sit near
my stack of much loved books
and read - it is so quiet
and hardly know they are here.
Wish I could keep them.

Met my Jamie part way to pick them up.
Purchased a Basil and Lavender plant
to add to my herb garden.   Sun is shining
and I am thinking we need some rain.

Yesterday I started back on low dose
of prednesone.  I had a few pills on hand.
and it must be a miracle drug for today
I feel almost normal.

Difficult to understand why for 2 weeks
I was in another "land" and 2 pills
can take me back to normal
Will see what this new doctor has
to say.
I put my family through a lot the
last couple of weeks.
My crying, pain, and all the thoughts
that surfaced.
Hopefully I have returned for good
to my normal self.

Thanks to all of you who walk along
beside me and listen as I share
life of a woman who has led about
4 lifestyles and finally landed in
her dream of a cottage at the edge
of the woods....

13 comments:

Balisha said...

So good to hear good news from you this morning. I love books and taught that love of them to my kids. They went to the library before they could walk. Now I find myself sharing books with my grand daughter. Your pictures are precious.My, those girls are growing. Hope you continue on...feeling good.
Take care...Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha, thank you.
Just trying to accept where I am at the moment - but keep having thoughts can this inflammation in my body cause what has been happening and can prednesone bring this fast relief. If that is so
then I have much to be thankful for.

lil red hen said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better today.

sallysmom said...

So glad you are feeling better. I look forward to your posts and really miss them when you have not put up anything new.
Sallysmom

the wild magnolia said...

we will always walk with you. happy news, your book reading visitor's, and you feeling better.

hope it is good news and help from the new doctor.

take good care of you.

((hugs))

Sharon said...

This looks to me like the perfect way to spend a day:) I hope you continue to feel better.

This past weekend I made your recipe for coconut pie ~ it is fabulous! What a treat ~

Sky said...

well, prednisone is a miracle in some ways but quite deadly in others. it depletes our bone density, can elevate intraocular pressure (glaucoma) and blood sugar levels, can affect sleep patterns and mood, and cause nervousness and fluid retention. the list goes on and on. but it can decrease inflammation quickly and helps reduce pain and discomfort. (people with rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, and MS have used this drug for years. probably most who have autoimmune disorders have at one time or another.) so it is an exchange. my doc only lets me have it once a year. but without it my trip to GA would be miserable! i get one shot and within 24 hours i am feeling pretty good. some sleep issues but i have those anyway. glad you have some relief and curious as to what the new doc will say.

seems the girls had a nice visit. :) i think the older one favors you very much from other pics i have seen.

Deborah Carr said...

Your girls look like they are quite comfy with Nana and their books. I can't imagine a nicer way to spend the day! I do hope you are feeling better...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, SM, Sandy, Sharon, Sky and Deborah Carr, thank you each for visiting and your kind words.
Sky, all you share I am aware of
and my past 2 years has been taking prednesone for a couple of days. A good day yesterday and not too good a night. So hopeully tomorrow I find out what is going on.

kerrdelune said...

So happy to read that you are feeling better, was distressed to think that you were in pain, and I so wish I lived closer.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, thank you. Today is differnet and seems I am up and down...

MsGraysea said...

So very happy to hear you are feeling better.
I do not think there is much better for a grandmother to witness than their beloved grandchildren enraptured by books!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, thank you...