Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friends And A Good Lunch


Went out for an enjoyable birthday lunch for a special friend Dean who is 88 years young. My special twin friends (one of those is like an angel watching over me - she checks on me daily several times).
My special friend has her hands full with a husband who needs round the clock care - and to think she takes time for me. It truly touches my heart and she is a priceless blessing.

This was a special time and One Woman needs more of them. We have decided that we will do this once a month.

A wonderful lunch at a place in the country and the food was superb. I even brought an extra piece of the coconut cream pie home with me.

Good day for One Woman

8 comments:

kenju said...

Staying in touch with friends by lunching is a great thing - and I know because we do it here in our neighborhood.

All of you look like very nice people! I love the oak table; I have one like that and maybe I need to make mine shorter so I can use it as a coffee table. I like that idea.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

kenju - I have stayed so busy that this was very needed.
Yes, we are all nice people!!! Thank you for taking the time to comment - you make me smile.

Darlene said...

You all look like you are having a wonderful time. A lunch or brunch is a fun way to visit with friends. No one needs to work hard and it's always a special time.

The poem says it all.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene, thank you - I needed this.

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I am thankful for your good friends and also for the beautiful mums your friend shared. :)

They're on my front porch...haven't yet bloomed but I know they will be beautiful!

Susie Hemingway said...

Lunch with dear friends is one of lifes really good pleasures. How it lifts ones spirits and somehow seems even more important as we get older. We have some wonderful luncheons in our tiny village hall, here in our little English village.So good to check older members and folk who may not be so well.

In a smaller way how very easy, a little bread, some good cheese a few olives, but finding time to share your hearts gives wonderful memories to unlock on quieter days, I find. Sincere wishes to you.

Beverly said...

nice to get with old friends

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Susan and my Jamie and special Beverly - thank you for checking in.