Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, June 8, 2019

In The Woods

A long story
will share some.
Building my cottage 11 years ago, son moving to Thailand, his deteriorating statue placed in my woods
At that time I had made paths all through my woods, would clear with blower and even use the
broom, I loved doing this and planned on planting flowers around the Buddha, maybe placing
an old bench there, a place to meditate.  Never happened.

I ask my special girl helper to go where I directed her, she found him, he is continuing to deteriate\but you still can recognize him and she  took this picture
for me.

Now I will have her carry forth my plans
plant some flowers
and will find an old bench somewhere.

Maybe he can be sprayed with something to slow the deteriorating?

I enjoyed my woods so very much
and have thoughts quite often
of having boy helper tie me on my tractor so I could carry on doing what I have loved doing
a lifetime

Silly. but maybe a good way to go
doing what I love doing :)

Norman Vincent Peale
said
Imagination is the true Magic Carpet

5 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

i can see your imagination takes you places you wish to be. So does mine. It is good to sit and ponder and write about such things.

The statue looks good as it is, like the rest of us, it too is crumbling. A great reminder of what life it.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

www My son tells me
the body was not meant to last forever
at first did not like his comment
but now I smile and say to myself
son, so true

lil red hen said...

No, Ernestine! Don't get on the tractor! Maybe he could help you into the woods and you could sit there for a time and enjoy the surroundings. I know you miss them. I've told my family, "If I die in the chicken house, don't you dare say I died doing what I loved!" lol

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, thank you and I send you my love and I LOVE MY APRON

kerrdelune said...

Perhaps your forest Buddha is simply falling into what Wendell Berry calls "the fund of things"? He looks to be made of wood and may just be returning to his roots....