Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Dinnertime

Nails do not look so fancy
but kept the squirrels
off the top of the tree stump
I feared the baby bluebirds were in danger
so this was my unique idea.

Rain for weeks
now hot and dry
like in the 90's daily
think I am in store for a hot dry summer.

At the moment
flowers beautiful and love watching the Humming Birds


7 comments:

Pienosole said...

Good Morning. I look forward to visits to your house in the woods. It's a joy to watch the birds, isn't it? Like your header a lot. Joy and peace!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, thank you, your words always make me smile, keep them coming :)

Tabor said...

I missed the hummingbirds that hubby saw this morning at my clematis. I must get up earlier!! I think our bluebirds have left the nest as I do not see them anymore.

Suemn said...

Ernestine, thank you for the bluebird photos. I haven't ever seen a real bluebird in my life. They are so cute.

Wisewebwoman said...

We are getting the oddest birds (for here) on the island too Ernestine, including bluebirds. Some are incredibly gorgeous. I belong to a local birdwatching site and some are hand-feeders which sometimes makes me cry it is so powerful to see the trust of these birds landing on hands to eat. One guy said they cured me of his military PTSD. I believe that.

XO
WWW

Joared said...

So enthralled with your bluebirds as have never seen any in real life. Reminds me of dear lifelong friend in Conn. who used to describe having them visit the wooded area around her house. The nails as squirrel deterrent is intriguing idea.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

the nails - did not know what else to do
do not loo good
but works :)