Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Iris

Iris are blooming

some old fashion that I have had for years

and new Iris,

A special friend brought me bulbs last year
this yellow.

Also a white and peach.

The Iris bloom twice.

Spring and Fall.

Pleased that the daily rain has stopped
today all sunshine.

A special day yesterday, my son took me to several places I have wanted to visit (use to drive myself
to Nashville but no longer do I try that trip) oh so weary when returning home.

Lunch, sitting by the window, white table cloth and napkins was so nice,  wonderful waiter, a Greek restaurant
enjoyed stuffed eggplant and for the first time enjoyed Lamb.  Never would eat in the past
as the little Lambs would surface in my mind.
Also Pita Bread and Hummus - so good.

7 comments:

Pienosole said...

Breathtaking, the beauty of this iris. I love irises, and they hold a special place in my heart because they were my mother's favorite. Your day in the city sounds fun and lunch tasty!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, I never respond, this evening I will.
Your comments all so welcome and uplifting
and I thank you so very much. Wish you lived near :)

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Lovely iris! I love lamb. It is so expensive though, that I usually only buy it for Easter meal. Do love Greek gyros with the Tzatziki sauce! Yummy!! Shepherd's Pie made with ground lamb is nice also.

Happy Spring dear Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

Tabor said...

Wonderful. YOur son is so good at helping make important memories. My Iris take over!!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

That is a beautiful yellow iris!

Suemn said...

Thank you for sharing pictures of the flowers in your gardens. The flowers here have not yet started to bloom so I love seeing yours. I can hardly wait for my tulips and daffodils to bloom as they are my favorites.

Rebecca said...

Not sure why I can't see your iris, but your description and delight in Nashville experience in the company of your son is MOST beautiful! ❤️