Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Winter In The City

So I am in the city, maybe for the winter
and look at this view from my window
This place sits on one of the highest hills in this area.of Tennessee   Really beautiful
It is similar to this at my country home on flat land.

All is well except I feel closed in.   This one accustomed to getting in the car and driving
and not possible at this time and should not be anyway with the not good roads.

So, One Woman calm down, count your blessings and who knows what Spring will bring
and a son arriving soon.....and two wonderful daughters and 2 talented granddaughter's
really close and dropping in to see you often

You have a beautiful room, looks like your home, good food, nice people surrounding you
with so many stories, so relax and rest.   Seems your anxiety has left, blood pressure better then in years
and you feel rested.  Just, it seems I have turned into someone I really do not know...
and have not decided yet - if I like this relaxed one :)

Just not accustomed to feeling this good without a list of chores to do, cooking meals, cleaning, list of outside area work  and almost tripping
over my special one "Miss Callie."

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Ernestine ~ What a nice post to read from you! You do sound relaxed and your view out your window is just lovely.

Happy January ~ Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love your view! We will get out again soon...I will be getting cabin fever by this weekend! Enjoy some down time. You deserve it. :) Love you and I am proud of you!

Wisewebwoman said...

I hear you. Adjustment. I'm finding I have to battle my desire to just stay home now and not go anywhere. Tho I haven't been well. Still trying to get to the bottom of it.

XO
WWW

Pienosole said...

Sounds like you're "restoring" and relaxing. I imagine it might be a relief to be in such a supportive place during a harsh winter. Look forward to reading how you are, what you're thinking, etc. in the coming days. Sending deep breaths and big hugs! :-)

Sky said...

beautiful residential facility and views surrounding you there. lucky you for having this resource so close to family. if we ever move back east, Nashville or VA are the 2 places we will consider settling down. glad your body is telling you that you are in the right place and have made the right decision to keep yourself healthier and safe. so much time now for reading and learning and making new friends since you are not dealing with all those daily chores. I like the affirmation you are giving yourself...reminders keep us focused and on course. congratulations on your efforts to protect your health, keeping your bones and body safe. Sending hugs.

Rebecca said...

I can't lie! It sure sounds like you are in the perfect place for you right now....what with the proximity to family members, a good view out that window, and your great attitude! Enjoy it all!