Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Learning a New Way

almost looks like my country cottage
and guess what, my Orchids full of buds and seem to love the sunny mornings.

Have done what my son told me "take your favorite things, I will take them back when you return:)

No rest as of yet
time consuming adding a new address, phone number and changing subscriptions either temporary
or forever, who knows, not me....

Down to one small pile of paperwork

Going through papers I see my youngest daughter wrote words about her mama, will share in the future
I smile and almost cry at her words.

So bitter cold here like other areas but warm in this environment, one of the reasons I am here as Winter is here.

Callie, never around other dogs and seems to be enjoying company of Jamie's  dogs :) I miss her and Jamie
soon to bring her for a visit, she has not broiught her as she knows it would make me sad.


Checking in and more later.

Thanks to everyone for all of your encouraging and  kind words....

9 comments:

Sallysmom said...

Glad you are settling in. Also good to know that others are around that you can talk with. As we get older that is one thing we have to make a real effort to include in our lives. Don't forget your blog friends & try to keep us up to date as to what is going on in your life.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dearest Ernestine ~ Glad to read this post saying you are settling in for however long you may be there. Home is where your heart is. Our hearts go with us wherever we are.

You've made your place comforting and homey and your orchids look lovely on the windowsill.

It is very cold down here in s.e. FL this morning, 38 and real feel because of wind chill is 26. Brrr! Not bad considering the blizzard weather in the northeast.

Love, hugs & prayers for you dear heart ~ FlowerLady

Rebecca said...

I'm glad to see you've hung pictures on your wall!
It makes the room so "personal".
It's kind of amazing how little we actually need to create a comfortable space, I think...
Enjoy your "vacation" and should it turn into a STAYcation, what a fine place to be!

Pienosole said...

A beautiful space you've created. I felt warm and welcomed looking at the photos. Thank you for sharing. :-)

MsGraysea said...

Good Morning to you.....so nice to see more of your space, and recognizing some of your beautiful things! Happy knowing you are warm and cared for during this particularly harsh winter. Orchids are quite choosy about where they bloom, so I suspect your good karma is keeping them happy!
We are beginning to be hit by the bombagenesis here in MA this morning. Winds are wild at our home near the ocean.

Love,
Marcia

Judy said...

I was hoping "they" would allow Callie to come visit you.

Tabor said...

You have made your place into a lovely and arty comfort zone. You have beautiful style and that will make you feel more at home. So glad you are being cared for and adapting even though the farm may be a return in the future. My post on my Cedar Waxwings was notstalgic for their adaptability of their forced trip south. They say goodbye to all.

kerrdelune said...

Your new lodgings look lovely, and so comfortable. I love the art on the walls, my friend, the vibrant colors. Glad you are settling in, but so wish Callie could be there with you. This is absolutely the right season to be in such a warm and nurturing place, and I am happy you found it.

RITA LOEHR said...

So glad you are safe and warm Ernestine, the personal touches you have added make it look very homey. Was delighted to see your post and look forward to hearing about your visit with Callie. Much love and good thought are sent to you. You continue to inspire with your attitude!