Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Wha Else Can Happen

My AOL desk top has disappeared.

It is AOL Gold, have tried to contact and a wait of 20 minutes for them to install and will charge me.

On my blogger site I can write and post but cannot email to family or forward other special items
Guess it will give them a rest....
This happened last year and when paid a sum for a year of AOL all was replaced :(

Knee is so swollen and very sore, called Orthopedic office and told first appointment was next
Tuesday and Jamie will go with me.   Gel solution will be injected, fluid removed and told if
it was to painful to wait until then to go to ER.

Sad and disappointed, nothing like it was for years when I made a call and was immediately able
to go to the doctor's office.   Did not realize how privileged I was at that time.   Now the attorney I relied on for direction for years, the doctors I went to for years
have all passed on or more ancient then this one.

Seems I have become a part of the discarded ones.

So trying to stay off of feet, elevate and ice knee and not a good one to take it easy.

Have heard all kinds of results for the Gel injections, first the fluid will be drawn off of my knee and then 3 shots given, one each week for 3 weeks
and some report their is relief and some so painful they do not finish the injections and some no
relief.

Will try again later to phone AOL to see if they will please give me back my AOL Desktop.

Maybe you can on Google forward emails and what I share
do not know how
and brain and body  just weary from all that is going on.

Hopefully I do not fall between now and Tuesday.

So stupid of me to say this
with a good mind
just never planned on the body going....

Last March
when my son made a visit
"how happy I looked"

15 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

(((((Dear Enrnestine)))))

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Wisewebwoman said...

Take care of your dear self. Growing old is not for sissies.I wish I could help with computer issues.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

www @ fll

thank you
guess I am a sissie, just want some of this to go away...

Pienosole said...

Not a sissie! You've had a serious of difficult issues, of various kinds, to deal with!
Coincidentally, today after yoga class, the teacher was asking another student about this procedure of draining fluid from the knee. The student, who apparently has some expertise in this area, said that it is worth it to have it done, that it does bring relief. May you feel relief and some peace in the meantime. Know that all the positive energy and compassionate thoughts of so many of us are with you. Big hugs to you!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The length of time it takes to get in to see doctors these days is awful. With some doctors I go to, when I call to make an appointment, I have to leave my name and number and they "get back" to me to schedule an appointment. That usually takes at least until the next day, and sometimes if I call on a Thursday, they don't get back to me until Monday. And then the waiting time for an appointment is usually more than a month. With the primary care doctor I used to have, I had to go in for checkups every 3-4 months, but then if I had an emergency, they couldn't fit me in for 3 weeks, and told me to go to the urgent care, or emergency room. I thought that is what I had a primary care for. My new primary is much more practical and takes into account that I must see two other doctors regularly, too, sometimes three, besides him. He ok'd me to see him only every 6 months. With the new technology I wonder why it takes so much more time to get in to see a doctor. Often, if the doctor has a Nurse Practitioner, I make the appointment to see the N.P.

I hope your injections bring you quick and excellent relief. I have had very good luck with the gel injections in the past, and then I had one in each knee last year (it was a one shot gel), it was not as good for me as the others in the past. I am currently waiting for steroid knee injections. When I called for my appointment, it turned out to be a two month wait. They couldn't get me in until December 4, disappointing, because I will be hurting on Thanksgiving. I pray for patience, and that my knees don't get too much worse before then. Maybe my knees will be having a "good" day on Thanksgiving.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, thank you always
Susiw, thank you and hopefully soon is better for you..

Carolyn Marie said...

That sounds miserable! I don't understand why the doc can't see you sooner when you are in such pain, live alone, and cannot get around. Hugs

Rebecca said...

What a painful set of circumstances you are dealing with!
Wish there was some way I could alleviate some of the hardship
-and especially the pain.
Glad you can still communicate via blog.
I pray for relief. ♥

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Rebecca abd CM, thank you

Bluebird49 said...

We had two children and our Sherry would have turned 51 October 1rst. She passed away at 31, August 20th, 1998.
Our son and his wife and kid finally live 90 minutes from us, but my health keeps from going as much we'd like. They've come down 4 times the past two weeks, and I can see your heart sings when your son ---and your daughters and grands!
No matter the pain, just a text or phone call makes me smile. When they stop in for a nice, fun visit...my pain seems to be pushed away by our love for one another!
Think fun thoughts about family, it may lessen your pain---I hope so!
xo's,
Trudy

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

BB. thank you....

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

bb, again, yes I miss my children and seems what I desire at this time is not possible
trying and seems the will is difficult.

everyone that comments
so very nice and supportive...

PatK said...

When my computer desktop suddenly becomes strange or absent my heart sinks. I feel so powerless! I thought these systems were supposed to make everything seamless and easy. I am inspired by your consistent overcoming of these challenges. Thank you.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

PatK
its working again :)

Bluebird49 said...

I checked in at 1:35 a.m. on the 14th, Ernestine. No new post! :(
Missing your posts, Lady!