Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

TWO POSTS THIS DAY

Sharing dreadful gel shot procedure
done  hours ago

a lot of fluid drained off of knee
which added to pain
and shot
not as painful as other procedures I have had in the past

told I responded very well.....

walked back through parking lot with cane in hand
Jamie by my side

told my pain tolerance high

told carry on with life
no restrictions
no elevating or icing
move and rest

will return next 2 weeks to finish shots
a mystery how long pain relief lasts ( conversation with lady in waiting room
said hers lasted 6 months.....and had 2 other times.

thankful it is over

tonight I will sleep
with the dread of this procedure over

knee almost looks normal
where it was twice its normal size

I had read of so many horrible painful tales of this procedure
my girl said
"mama you need to stop doing all this research"



So ever thankful
and thankful to my girl
Jamie - who never lets me down - Bless her
and sleep I must tonight.

thankful for many thoughts going my way....

10 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good news! Thanks be to God and may you have a very restful sleep tonight.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Rebecca said...

Yay!
And "Amen" to what Lorraine said ♥

lil red hen said...

Hugs, and hoping for lasting pain relief!

Pienosole said...

Yeah! Sending best wishes for a wonderful day! :-)

Judy said...

I had no luck with those pain injections.
Tried 3 different times a few months apart and none of them lasted more than a day.
Hope you have better luck.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

thank you for each comment
and
Judy, I am thinking positive :)

joared said...

Hope all continues to go well for you with pain relief.

kerrdelune said...

So hope that there is lasting pain relief, and that it continues.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

joared and Cate
thank you...
so far knee better
but not the rest of body arthritus :(

Daria said...

Great !
Niskie ceny