Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, September 8, 2016

One Day At A Time

Will be happy when Monday arrives and full report with Oncologist.
Did receive call from nurse saying this is not cancer of the bones.
In my heart did not think it was this but it had to be ruled out with me experiencing so much pain.

The pain goes on
and nothing seems to give much relief.   Celebrex suggested does not help at all and most relief
comes from Tylenol 8 hour arthritis pills.

Two bad falls
but a blessing that nothing was broken
just added to the pain of whatever is going on in this body
and may be just arthritis.....
Reminds me that this quick and fast one
needs to walk very slow and watch turning quickly...

Painters are arriving this morning to continue work on deck and porches which were
power washed yeaterday.   Weather remains so nice and one who never had help is now
using someone, who is excellent for several hours a week.   It seems now a necessity where I once
thought would mean I was lazy.

Visits from special friends who arrive with delicious treats.
Memories surface of all of my baking in my past years, enjoyed this so much but at the present
time not possible.

Miss family that are in touch constantly by email and phone.  So proud of all of them and
expecting some visits soon.   Granddaughter in N.Y. began teaching yesterday and my
youngest granddaughter broke her arm.   Cheer leading accident :(.

So just sharing some and do not want to disappear
I do share reluctantly
because who in the world wants to hear about one experiencing what is going on
in my life at this time..

Still aware of so many blessings
that my life has at this time.

Will check in next week with what doctor shares with me...

9 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

So glad you do not have cancer. That is an answer to prayer.

I too need to move slower so as not to fall.

Glad you have help for many different things now.

Love, hugs & prayers ~ FlowerLady

Rebecca said...

Tabor said...

I am glad that you share. Your strength and your sensitivity are what keeps me on my toes and makes me aware that my life will also change and that how you handle change is the key. So glad you have so much loving family around you! I have been putting off hiring a housekeeper for our large finished basement. I can do the rest of the house, but that adds too much.

Mitzi said...

Oh, we do want to hear how you are doing. I am so glad you finally have help doing your odd jobs for you. It is hard to sit and look at things that need to be done, and know you can not do them yourself.
Take your pills faithfully.

Judi said...

So glad to hear from you. Life gives us roadblocks and we can't go around or over them, we just have to go through them. Most of my stumbling blocks in life have in retrospect given me great growth. Know that we, all, share these changes in your lifestyle.
Please continue to share with us.

Sallysmom said...

I have been checking in often to see if you posted. Glad to hear it was not cancer. Take care.

Marcie said...

Glad for the update! Take care. I will continue to check in.

Judy said...

Tylenol 8 hour, or Tylenol Extra Strength or Tylenol Arthritis do not one single thing for my pain. I'm glad it helps you as it is a non-harming medicine. I still get the dizzy spells, but haven't fallen since the doc said I could take my meds at night. The HBP meds and another one were making me so dizzy. I take part of them right after supper and the rest at bedtime. Sure helps!!!
Keep posting because we would worry if you didn't.

Pienosole said...

We're waiting with you. Hugs. :-)