Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Special Poem - Written on a Leaf....

So impressed
with this poem on a leaf
by my youngest granddaughter


we'll be an angel and fly away....

I called Jamie and asked
"who wrote this poem
she said my
Amelia did."

So was not going to post today
but was so touched by this poem
I had to share.

I told her
when I die
and my ashes are sprinkled
in these woods
I want this poem read...

12 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love it, too! I will be keeping this forever! :)

Judy said...

Oh my! What a treasure you have found!!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jamie
and Judy,
she holds my heart
in her little hands.
Just hope
I am here to see her life unfold.

lil red hen said...

Beautiful!!

Val said...

xox♥

Pienosole said...

I too am very touched, though not in the same way as you of course. Glad you shared this very special and very thoughtful poem.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family :-)!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

That was lovely!

Happy Thanksgiving dear Ernestine.

FlowerLady

Val said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Ernestine. ♥

nancy at good food matters said...

Beauty and Truth.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Val, Pienolsole,
Nancy and Lorraine, so special to me since she is just
8 years old..

Wisewebwoman said...

I so love this, a perfect piece on a leaf, fragile, like all of us, earning our wings to fly.

Also your rum cake, I love when you post about your baking and cooking.

Well actually you could post about anything.

And your soap has finally earned its turn in my bathroom and the best part about it, it is so rich I don't need hand cream after washing my hands.

XO
WWW

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

WWW, you are a dear and wish you lived near...Take care of you.