Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Fall Has Arrived To The Woods and Life Is Good

The weather seems to escalate between very cool to very warm
and still some blooms
Today
Humming Birds still at feeders and I am keeping the feeders full.
Not to good an image because as I stand by the door trying to catch them
they are wise, notice me and fly away.
 
I like good bread and cannot find in this local town.  This morning on trip
to market discovered something new that is being carried.  A flat bread
from Canada.   So tasty, a piece pulled off, warmed, dipped in some
warm olive oil - and so good.
Day is ending, a day full of surprises, one - everything I lost on
computer has miraculously reappeared.
 
 
Stopping at a yard sale of one who I have never seen without a smile
on her face "my Lucy" - spotted 2 pillows with bird images on them
and asked "how much" and she replied "take them, they are yours"
I immediately replied "let me pay you"   and she said
"no way."
 
 
 

6 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

Ernestine, The Naan bread from Canada, is traditional North Indian bread. Although it is freshly baked here everyday, I have found ( on one of mt trips to Calif) different varieties of it with Trader Joes, and they store a really nice variety called Garlic Naan. You might just love that with some minty cucumber yogurt.... Do check out http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/naan-recipe-without-yeast/

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ugich, how interesting, thank you
my friend from far over the ocean.

Tabor said...

I have purchased such bread and do like it. You are correct in that it is good for dipping, but also good with a light olive spread.

Sky said...

Hi. So glad you like Naan! As mentioned earlier, naan is an East Indian bread we eat with curries by pulling it apart and wrapping it around curry. The bread is used as a utensil for holding the food and eating and is delicious. I also eat it pulled apart with curries that I pour over rice though my Indian hubby eats curries with rice OR Indian breads and usually doesn't mix the two. I also like naan dipped in Sambar, a traditional Indian vegetable broth, much like a thin soup prepared with spices and a few veggies, often poured over rice or used for dipping a variety of Indian goodies like Dosa - a crepe-like dish and Vada, fried lentil-flour cakes resembling donuts. If you ever have a chance to pick up naan from a good Indian restaurant, do. It is much tastier than the packaged. But, my fav Indian flatbreads are paratha, atuffed with spicy mashed potatoes or spinach, and Kabuli naan, stuffed with a paste of fruits and diced nuts.

Hill Top Post said...

I am surprised that you still have hummingbirds at your feeders. None spotted here since last Friday.

Sharon said...

I just love your blue glass in the window. You have inspired me to get two pieces I have out of the cupboard to enjoy on the windowsill. Such a simple thing, to enjoy light through the window on blue glass. Thank you ~