Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 12, 2012

Mary Oliver Is ill

I just finished visiting a favorite friend
Nan at http://lettersfromahillfarm.blogspot.com/

She shares of Mary Oliver cancelling speaking engagements
and  is being treated aggressively for a health condition.

Mary Oliver is one of my favorites
I relate so to her poems
and has been a desire that I would
someday meet her.

I discovered her poems about  5 years ago and many of
her books remain beside my reading chair.
There are slips of paper all through the
books of my favorite poems.

You can click on to Nan's blog and read
about this further, if you like.

Mary, will be continually in my prayers.
I pray for a healing miracle.

12 comments:

lil red hen said...

Yes, this is sad news. I was not familiar with her work until I read some of it on your blog; very touching words, she writes.

I don't know about your camera, but I lost the post I had written for today! Now to try and retrive it from my mind? Maybe!!

Tabor said...

I also love Mary Oliver's writings and hope that this illness is not serious. She has given all of us so much!

the wild magnolia said...

she is a favorite of mine, bringing nature to me on a silver platter.

she is in my prayers for recovery. i want her too walk the woodlands again.

thank you, for letting me know.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Charlotte, Tabor and Sandy, thank you for commenting. Image downloading was finally successful and I posted an image.
Through Mary's poems, I feel like I know her so well...

MsGraysea said...

When I heard this news over the weekend, my first thought was of you!

I got my Mary Oliver books out right away and her beautiful words bring such clarity to our connection to nature. She lives so close to me and today is the most beautiful day. I can only hope the sun is warming her spirit.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia, thank you for visiting..

sallysmom said...

I found this blog where you can post words about her. You may want to take a look.
http://formaryoliver.blogspot.com/
Sallysmom

Sharon said...

I am sorry to hear this news but glad you shared because this is the first I've heard. I will send out good thoughts and read her poems before bed tonight, definitely.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon, Sallysmom, thank you for visiting.

Lonely Rivers said...

Mary Oliver has given voice to my deepest feelings on so many occasions. Her poetry and spirit are part of the fabric of the lives of so many who find life's meaning in nature. I am thinking of her and wishing I could give her even a fraction of all she has give me. So sad.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

LR, your words are also mine.
Her poems are so special to me..

Marion said...

I'm sad to hear that. I recently posted one of her poems at my blog. She's unequaled, IMO.