Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Busy Day

Early this morning brought my old fern out of garage and placed on screen porch.
Winter so mild I probably could have left it on the porch.

A trip to dentist this morning. 
Looked in the mirror yesterday
and one front tooth was blue.
Then I remembered blue berries
on my cereal that morning.
Was told that tooth was porous
so it was cleaned and bonding sealed the porous area.
I asked if I was the only person this had ever happened to
he told me "no"
With everything else that is happening on the journey
through this aging process
I did not want a blue front tooth.
A beautiful day and even rode my lawn tractor through
part of the woods.
Lucky I saw the wet path up ahead and was able to turn
around.
Sure did not need to get stuck in the mud..
Last summer my son put this statue on a log in the woods.  I discovered on my ride through the wood that he is now  reclining on a
beautiful moss covered log that almost looks like a rug....
Reason it is in the middle of the woods - was discovered that something was gnawing away inside -
some little insect from who knows where - so he belongs outside surrounded by nature and not in my
storage room :)   Looks mighty comfortable.

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love that little garden sign.

It is hard to age gracefully. You never know what is going to come up next.

Your little statue looks nice reclining on the moss rug.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Balisha said...

That statue looks just perfect with that moss all around. I'm glad you turned around...and didn't get stuck in the mud.
I've heard of older ladies with blue hair, but never a blue tooth.Glad the dentist could fix it for you.
Take care this weekend.
Balisha

the wild magnolia said...

The woodlands are a joy to me, from way down here in Florida.

I'm happy they could repair your blue tooth. That would not be good to deal with.

Have a good day tomorrow.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

FlowerLady, Sandy and Balisha,
nice to find your comments this early morning.

kerrdelune said...

Oh, a reclining BUddha!... He is lovely!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Cate, thank you...