Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, June 14, 2010

Morning Thoughts From The Woods

Another almost 100 degree day. Watered some plants at dawn

I fill my humming bird feeder with fresh water - and wonder - why is it still full at the end of the day and first thing in the morning the feeder is empty? Are the birds feeding in the middle of the night or at dusk or dawn before I see them?

Banana bread in the oven. I have not baked in a while. Not in the mood for baking or cooking. Think I will make salmon croquet's after breakfast and refrigerate. So easy to cook them for a late lunch or evening meal. They are healthy, tasty and easy. In the freezer are fresh green beans and corn, and that should complete my meal.

Callie has been fed and I did about 30 minutes of yoga. Maybe this will be the morning that I hear a truck pulling in the long drive. The man who is going to build a pen for Callie may arrive. I will be more comfortable running errands with her secure.

Beth and I visited a country eating place yesterday. A nice drive further into the country. Their food is good but I really like my food better. Just did not feel like cooking.... When I go out to lunch once a week it is not for the food but to "just get me out of the woods and around people".

Their buttermilk pie was unusually good - must call and get the recipe.

I can remember years ago that everyone I knew would eat field corn. Have not tried it in years. With the field in front - I am going to watch the corn and when it is just a blister will try some. I do not think it will be missed!!!

Wherever you are on this planet - have a wonderful day and I wish you - Happiness,
Health, Safety and Peace. Hope it bounces back to me.

I will stay inside most of today. Desk work, going through some paper work and books and may do a little ironing. I love ironing my pillow cases and I know not many people do this anymore. Surely none of my girls.

Enough rambling - it is time for breakfast, tea, and the day inside to begin.

7 comments:

MsGraysea said...

You write about a lovely morning! Interesting about the feeding pattern of the birds.
I would love to have your salmon croquettes recipe! Salmon is one of my favorites and something to be included as much as possible for health.
Hope the truck arrives!
Peace back to you!

Sky said...

have heard about your heat wave...georgia is burning up, too. hope you and callie stay cool when the heat is raging! i have a friend who covers herself in the spray of the hose as she gardens in these early GA mornings.

your garden is coming along fine! so much has been done there in one year. will be glad to hear callie has a safe place to be when you are running errands and know it will bring you peace of mind. :)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Marcia and Sky, thank you for visiting on another hot hot morning!!

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

That is a gorgeous flower photo! That would make a lovely note card.

It is brutally hot in Nashville in "the big city." About the only place I want to be is indoors or in a swimming pool!

p.s. I am now craving banana bread and buttermilk pie. ;)

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jamie, mom always has something sweet in the house. Do not know why I do not weigh 200 lbs. I am going to make that buttermilk pie.

Peggy Montano & Paintings said...

Lovely blog. I will stop by and visit again.
We are hot here in north Al also.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Peggy, thank you for visiting.