Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, June 18, 2010

Growing



Yesterday a down pouring rain - soaked Woodhaven - almost 2 weeks without a soaking rain.
Early this morning a sight to behold.
Every plant - grew inches. The corn must be 8 feet tall and the grass not far behind.

Breakfast and tea on the deck, a cooler morning. Because of the railing it is difficult to get a good view of the feeders. I moved my chair to the small terrace and viewed the show being put on - so I now know the birds are emptying the feeder - very rapidly.

Clothes on the line, (downside - my nicest white slacks have been tattooed by a bird) Callie in new dog pen, she is doing fine. I try to be so nonchalant and fool her. as she watches my every move and is well aware that I am preparing to leave. She is one smart little dog.

The door bell was ringing and the neighbor who scarred my tree was standing at the door.
He apologised and told me put something on the tree to help the wound.

All is well in the woods. Enjoy your weekend.

9 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Hey how about that apology! That was thoughtful of him. Yea.

We had a big rain yesterday afternoon, too.

Darlene said...

Sorry about your slacks. That's one reason I use the dryer, but I use it on air and not heat. Actually, we are not allowed to have clotheslines so I have to use the dryer, but I know the birds would mess up clothes like they do my patio wall.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jamie, his apology made me smile. It was thoughtful.
Darlene, I know you are pleased to be home. Hanging clothes outside on a sunny day - just seems to go with living in the country. No one see this but me.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

From another land - thank you.
My son says this is Chinese, is that correct?

Tabor said...

I worry about the sun fading my clothes as has happened in the past. But they do smell so much better than that artificial fabric softener smell. Also, I had a dog a smart as yours. We started spelling around him and even that failed after a while!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, I am hanging out my everyday in the woods - work clothes. My old clothes - do not care if they fade. Guess that is 90% of my wardrobe. I find it relaxing to hang clothes on the line. Yes, Callie is smart. I go outside with the leash hidden in my pocket and she will not come to me. She always comes to me. She is probably smarter then her mistress :)

Anonymous said...

It is so comforting to see clothes hanging on the line! I can just smell that fresh air on them when you bring them into the house. Glad things are good in the woods. Have a great week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, guess that is the country in us. I do not hang out all the time, but there are times I cannot resist. Have a great "hot" day.