Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lifting Grandma's Spirit


Jamie and Alan went to a Titan's football game, along with my grandson and a buddy of his from the university.
So, grandma had her girls.
They lifted my spirits and made me smile. So it was good to have them with me on Sunday.

One little comment that Amelia made when I asked her not to do something. She looked at me with almost tears in her eyes and said "grandma am I in trouble "oh no" I quickly replied "grandma just did not want you to do that."
I was super sensitive because of Sadie and they seemed super sensitive that day also.
Another happening - I have a hook on my screen porch that I put up very high so my grandchildren could not open the door to go outside. As we started to go outside and I said to Caity "wait grandma has to unhook the door" she states "I can do it" proceeds to take my broom and reach the handle up to the hook to remove it. I thought you are one smart little girl.
The question now is " what measures do I now take to keep the door hooked when they are visiting"????



I do not know how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to

Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

2 comments:

Mim said...

Ernestine,
Glad you have your grandbabies to divert your attention!
Thinking of you.
Mim

daringtowrite said...

What joy to have these lovely girls in your life and what sadness to have lost Sadie (though I realize she will be continuing to keep you company in the garden.)

I love those porch rockers and the swing!