Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Morning Mess Up and Sadie is Sick

I deleted all of the list of blogs I read.
How in the world did I do that???
Now having trouble relisting them.
Be patient with me.
A trip to the grocery.
Just returned and Sadie still will not eat. Did not eat yesterday and I thought this might be part of our weather being so hot.
She is the perfect little dog for me. I have never had a dog inside the house. She stays in the yard or on the screen porch at night. If it is storming or real cold she will come inside and lay at the back door. I adopted her from the shelter as a puppy. That was 7 years ago next month.
I have an appointment with the vet in this area in an hour.
I surely hope she is not seriously ill.

Returned from the Vet several hours ago and finally feel like I can leave a note.
I was told she will probably not be here in a few days.
I thought it was the heat but evidently her little body has been fighting something more then the weather. I was told they could do a lot of test to tell exactly what is wrong. But think she has cancer.

Mim and Darlene thank you for the notes.

Wonder what will I do in my new city cottage without my constant companion Miss Sadie?

13 comments:

Jessi Cotterill said...

what happened??

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jessi I was trying to add another site and deleted everything by mistake.
Have a sick dog at the moment and on way to vet. Will fix everything when I return.

Darlene said...

I'm sorry that Sadie is sick. I do hope it's a minor illness. Let us know what the Vet said.

Mim said...

OH NO
I hate when I delete something I don't mean to.
How is your dog.
Interesting I posted about mine today too.
I certainly hope all is ok.
Mim

Mim said...

SO so sorry... sending thoughts and prayers your way.
So hard.
Mim

Gail said...

Ernestine,

I am heartbroken for you and Sadie. Take care of yourself, this is a difficult time, she is your friend and pal.

gail

Linda said...

Your post makes me cry. I have a little dog that is a rescue dog about that same age. Never been very attached to a dog until I retired. What would I do without my little guy? He's my constant companion. Bless you, this is a tough one. Your blogging friends will support you.

lilalia said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sadie being ill. May she not suffer any pain. My thoughts are with you.

Judy said...

I, too, am so sorry about Sadie. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope she is painless also. Love, Judy

Annie Wicking said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dear little friend and I wish you peace in your time of need.

I hope that things will start improve soon for you.

Best wishes,
Annie

Linda said...

I sure hope your Dog will be okay!
When We lost our Dog, it was like losing our child!

Renie Burghardt said...

Oh Ernestine, that is such sad news. I am sorry Miss Sadie is so ill. I lost my wonderful "good boy" Rottie last summer, and I still get teary eyed thinking about it.

Take good care!

Hugs and Prayers,

Renie

Nan said...

I'm so, so sorry about Sadie. My heart goes out to you. All of us who love animals, know just what you are going through.