Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Today

I came across this image and little girl you are missed the world full,

Not looking forward to tomorrow
schedule
my special driver and I will head for the big city of Nashville,
my Jamie will meet us at the oral surgeon,
3 back upper teeth to come out
seems since Schgogrens entered the picture 10 years ago and Shingles last year there is a problem
with my teeth.   Before 70 teeth were beautiful,
So onward I go and nothing else to be done,

I have done something I refused to do, increased pain medication from lowest dose1/2 pill to 1 pill
does help a little

This one never took medication besides vitamins, thought people who did were weak
so see how stupid I was.

So I an sharing my absurd thoughts,

Hoping all goes well as this frail body is weary of all that is going on.

Knees are worse after the shots of Hydraulic Acid, painful and will accept that our bodies
were not meant to last forever.

Last week because of pain level and anxiety went to my doctor which Hospice approved and they wanted me to go to ER   I refused, knowing they would keep me.
Thankful my doctor did bloodwork and EGG, seems I am probably fine and just have a difficult
time excepting all of this.

The busy one just has difficulty sitting still, next checking will be eyes, oh my love of reading
been on hold with Shingles affecting them,  Probably stronger glasses will remedy.

I will bounce back, just stubborn of doing what needs to be done.

Dislike sharing all of this, forgive me but many writing "where are you"

You are all special and dear
know this and will let you know the results.



17 comments:

Tabor said...

Thanks for the sharing and it is so difficult as our body parts change and weaken and we never know if it will get worse or reach an end. I have been having eyesight issues and went to the eye doc. She seemed to feel it was not serious, and maybe just a change in my aging eyes. I am so hoping she is right. There are many audible books these days, so be sure to look into that. I think of you often and am glad you have the support that you need. Stay flexible...do not fight battles that you cannot win. Save the energy for enjoying all that you do have.

Judi said...

I don't comment alot but through your posts I have grown. I, too, have accepted that I am getting older and things don't work like I want. Always a busy person. I appreciate all you share about what is going on with you as I grow in my perception of life ahead for me. It's different for us all and there is an acceptance with that for me. I am glad you continue to share with us as that is the way life is. Many struggles at times and blessings at times. Continue sharing your journey with us.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Ernestine ~ As always in spite of what you are going through, you are an inspiration.

Lovely encouraging words in the two comments above. Getting older isn't easy, but having a positive attitude helps living each day we are blessed with.

Love, hugs & prayers for you ~ FlowerLady

Sheila said...

Oh Ernestine, I feel for you tomorrow, I've been going through that for quite some time. Just healing now and waiting for a new bottom partial. It's heck when things start wearing out. My thoughts are with you. I look forward to hearing from you when you write. Good luck.

Bobbie said...

Hi Ernestine, So glad to hear from you. I pray for you every day :) I also have Sjogren's and Erosive Inflammatory athritis. I was diagnosed around 50. I have no pain medication but am going to talk to my DR this week. I need something for when it gets this bad. Glad you took the amount you needed to feel better. Hope you get some relief. Bobbie DeWitt

Wisewebwoman said...

I think of you a lot. I have my own challenges, had 6 tests at the eye clinic in the hospital today but given 6 months of no intervention. I was so relieved. I always dread these test. Apparently I have a genetic "defect" of very thick corneas which hold my glaucoma at bay. It was a bad pain day for me, my cane didn't help with the walking, it was brutal.

Fire away at us my dear friend. Aging sucks big time. I miss my hiking and racing but try not to focus too hard on the past. Audio books you should try. Going through old photos too?

XO
WWW

Rebecca said...

Sounds like a big day coming up. We never know what lies ahead of us from day to day, do we? It's hard to know how to plan for things when you don't know things you'll be facing... Seems like so many things lie outside our control.

kerrdelune said...

Will be thinking of you at your medical appointments and hope the increased pain medication works for you, Ernestine. Living with constant pain is a dreadful thing.

Sallysmom said...

Hope all goes well with the surgeon.

Judy said...

I am glad you finally got over your stubborness and are now taking the pain med as you should. I was told, you have to take them as prescribed to stay "on top" of the pain. If you take them when the pains hits, it takes much longer to get relief.
I hope the teeth extraction goes like it is supposed too and recovery is smooth.
XX OO

Beverly said...

I love the Mary Oliver poems. RIS

Carolyn Marie said...

Sweet Ernestine, have you ever tried audio books? I find them very soothing. Just a thought.
I am never weary of your posts; I so admire you. I hope all goes well with your teeth.

Sharon said...

You have supportive online readers who think of you often and wish you all the best. That matters. I hope you can feel our warm thoughts for your healing. Take care ~

Pienosole said...

Thinking of you and hoping the worst of the after effects of the extractions has passed and that you are able to rest and heal.

Suemn said...

Ernestine, I'm sorry to hear that the knee shots didn't help with your pain and hope that your your tooth extractions went okay. You are an inspiration to us and even though you have much pain, I wish for you some not so painful days!

kerrdelune said...

Ernestine, thinking of you and hope you are mending.

Rebecca said...

I keep checking in to see if you posted...each time with a prayer for you--body, mind, spirit. ❤️