Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, March 18, 2018

Off Blog For a While

Because so many have been with me for 14 years
will not abandon you.

Rash is gone

now post neuralgia

affecting nerves in right side of face, ear, head, eyes
the most pain I have ever experienced

with severe spasms
3 or 4 times a day and sometimes at night

helpers come quickly pray with me, massage my shoulders
saying your fine - last 3 or 4 minutes
started last Tuesday

I want no more medication, cannot be drugged, laying bed
some relief, I never stop praying
I am a strong women, I will recover but may not be the same
Thankful I have a good mind

this will pass, may take time

Dr. at 7:45 in the morning

Dentist - cannot brush teeth, still painful
Eye Dr., tell me  it will go away
I have gone 1/2 way
but with weakened immune system - it takes longer

eating small bits every 3 hours - ensure

cannot lose any more weight - 102 lbs

Excellent ladies in and out and one half the night

they are healing Angels, I have been through nothing like them

Anne arrives and does an ancient healing practice with Frankincense oil on her hands
over my face
I feel tingling in my face and ears - I ordered some

My precious Jamie, busy work schedule, helps husband, children amazing and involved in much
they will win scholorships
and out of town for a week.
she has a family - they come first - I love her
she wanted me in Nashville also when you call might be 10 or 15 min to respond

Jimmy in 2 weeks, bless him, so much paper work

I will never leave my home again, my nature retreat

Therapy ordered
I thank God I am in and out of my bed

So I will return when I feel better
Thank you for being there for me............


24 comments:

Rebecca said...

My dear friend, my heart aches for you and your pain.
It puts me to mind of Job (for whom a book in the Bible is named telling his story).
The last thing I want to be is a well-meaning comforter as his friends were. Suffice it to say that I care and am concerned. I pray for your relief. ♥

MsGraysea said...

Job, indeed, Ernestine!! You have truly been through such a terrible time. Shingles came to me after my move to live with my son. It was 2014, there were after effects but they are gone now. I am so very sorry you are still in such discomfort, but what a lovely picture you painted of the woman coming to soothe you in the night. Very grateful for your wonderful care.
I have been in FL for a while to be with my daughter, and have come back to the Cape to one terrible storm after another.
May your recovery proceed well in time for you to enjoy Jim's visit. Happy he will be with you.
You are often in the thoughts of many. With peace and love, Marcia



Wisewebwoman said...

Oh dear Ernestine. You are a brave heart. This is so terrible for you and I am hoping each day improves for you.

Know you are lodged in my heart and I hold you dear.

XO
WWW

Nan said...

I feel strongly that you shall recover from this, but am so very sorry you are going through it now. Love to you.

Sky said...

This sounds like you have left the facility where you were being cared for and are back at home with help coming and going each day? I hope I am wrong and misreading this post since you are in the midst of a medical crisis. I had hoped when you returned it would be when you were feeling strong. So glad to hear from you and hope the days ahead will bring more strength, less pain, and a sense of calm and peace. Glad you have good helpers who are doing their best to bring relief. Sorry to say I do not agree at all with your removing yourself from medication when you are having so many problems, but I realize it is NONE of my business and that you did not solicit my opinion or advice! So I will hush now and let you live the life you choose for yourself with all my wishes for your successful recovery in the days ahead. Much love sent across these many miles.

Carolyn Marie said...

My heart breaks for you. You are very brave and you will prevail. I am glad that you have so many caring people helping in your care and walking with you through this difficult time. You have touched so many lives Ernestine and I hope that it helps you to know that there are many many loving friends holding you in thought, prayer, and heart. Love and peace.

lil red hen said...

HUGS !!!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

((((((Dearest Ernestine)))))) ~ reading your post has brought tears and prayers for you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending you lots of love ~ FlowerLady

kerrdelune said...

Dearest Ernestine, holding you in my thoughts and prayers.
Are you home in your cottage in the woods again?

Val said...

Tabor said...

What a full and rich post even though you are feeling so challenged. I am so glad you have meditated prior to this and have such good children to help you. You will come out the other side and better. thinking of you each morning when I am up waiting for the day to start.

PatK said...

Thank goodness you have caring friends who arrive to help you through this.

A gentle warm hug from me.

Judy said...

Are you home now?
I have prayed for you every morning and night and sometimes, even in the middle of the day when I think of you.
Yes, you are a strong woman and you will get through this. It's the "getting through" that is the very hardest part.
Love you--XX OO

Gemma's person said...

So many good thoughts for you . Heal and be well. Rest.

Bluebird49 said...

Dear Ernestine, you have been through so much! I just said a prayer for you, that you may feel better very, very soon!
It sounds as though you may be back home? I can't really tell. I just pray God will give you more strength and take away your pain!

Marcie said...

Will continue to pray for your healing and strength as you go through this difficult time. As always, sending love.

Beverly said...

Oh Ernestine, I am so sorry for all your pain. I will pray for you. I wish you would take the pain meds, but you know best.
Love to you!

Lonely Rivers said...

Ernestine you are deeply loved and held in the hugs of so many who have become friends over the years. I cannot imagine the pain you are in, but I can imagine your determination to power through it. Deep healing breaths releasing pain and tension. We are with you and knowing that the pain will soon ease. Lonely Rivers

Mitzi said...

I think of you often, and wonder how you are doing. You are such a strong ,positive woman. I admire you so much. Please hang in there and write when you can.

Judy said...

Wondering about you today, Dear Friend.

Wisewebwoman said...

Sending you waves of love and hoping you'll be back in the writing saddle soon.

Big hugs.

XO
WWW

Mel Reardon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lonely Rivers said...

A sunny day in Seattle and I’m thinking of you.

Judy said...

Missing your wise words.
Morning and night time prayers still happening here for you.
XX OO