Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, May 6, 2016

Interesting

Is this the way it is for many?
will answer before I share
it is not this one...

Reading N.Y. Times
on Friday afternoon

and it shares
current average time on Face book - 50 minutes.
Not this one, it use to be about 10 minutes several times a week to check
family pictures, not anymore as I now might check monthly.

2.8 hours daily watching television.
Not this one, quick check of local news at 5:00 AM and evening world news
at 5:30 for about 15 minutes.

Now this one was amazed at
17 minutes of exercise daily.
Now this one
at this time\
25 to 35 minutes on the mat at 7:00 AM
and the same at 4:00 PM
sometimes cannot make this/
I miss long walks
but gravel drive is dangerous
and not that easy to walk long distance
with cane in hand.
(should have put blacktop when building 8 years ago)
Guess best walking is at the market
holding on to grocery cart
and try to go around store
several times
Never thought it would be this way
but now I know
life changes in many ways
as time goes by..

Also shared about new film
"Mothers and Daughters"
do not go to the theatre anymore
and would like to go occasionally...
shared a line
that mother said
after she gave birth
"I never thought I could love anything that much"

This I can relate too
for I felt that way with each of my 4 children's birth

Cards arriving
and one line
so special...

"I've never been alone in this world
because I have always had you"

So this mom
feels well loved....

and probably on computer
too much
as it is sometimes
2 hours a day
but it is my link to the world,
communication with family,
ordering from Amazon, downloading my camera images
and a lot of knowledge,
also try and read about an hour a day...

8 comments:

Tabor said...

On FB about 15 minutes in the morning and another 5 in the P.M. and once in a while another 5 at night. I do watch a lot of TV. I do that while I fold clothes, cook, clean house and check emails. I love stories and am addicted to mysteries on TV always wishing I was a good story-teller. I used to exercise 30-45 minutes three times a week, but have lost my way with all the gardening. I will return soon. I think you are doing very well adjusting to your health demands and how you have to change how you live. You still eat well, have a great attitude, are well balanced in your relations with family and keep active. Your life-style is something I admire.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Tabor, thank you so much
but I am not pleased with arthur and balance issue it is causing.
Doing all I can but miss gardening, cutting the grass and a vegetable
garden - do have herbs in pots and 1 tomato plant in a pot that is loaded
with blooms.
2 hospital stays in January and February, caused loss of weight and no matter
what I eat seems I cannot gain weight and am told to rest more.
Feel if I stop doing what I do will not be able to do what I am doing so I keep pushing
and keep going. Wonder if I make sense.....
Seems my mind says much younger then this aging body.
Seems I can do and accomplish what I use to do and want to do.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

meant to say
cannot do what I want to.
long day :)

Wisewebwoman said...

Adjustments/changes are very hard. I think you are amazing and always inspire me to be kinder and nicer. I tend to rage a little too much at everything, I miss my activism, my rants, LOL but need to calm down for my health :)

I'm an agin' ragin' granny, LOL.

XO
WWW

Rebecca said...

Hours and minutes
well-spent;
thoughtfully employed;
frequently evaluated
and reinvested
for maximum outcome.

Sandra said...

So lovely to receive cards with sweet words. They carry us forward through the difficult moments and make everything seem worthwhile.

Candace said...

Perhaps you might consider a rolling walker. I have used one for almost 10 years now and it has made a huge difference in my life and my ability to walk. I can walk less than half a short block with a cane but with my walker I can walk long distances. I tried one after realizing that I could still walk at a store with a shopping cart. I have one now with large wheels(8 inch diameter)and I am able to walk on the grass fairly easily, no gravel unless hard packed though.

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

Candace, I have one, do not like it - maybe wheels are too small.
thank you for the suggestion - might try..