Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, September 12, 2015

Yesterday

When building this smaller home 6 years ago, I did not like the fact that a dozer scrapped the side of a
beautiful tree next to this future home.
Nothing was said to me but I noticed the black paint sprayed on the side, guess they hoped I
would not notice.

When there are storms or high winds all of the tall trees surrounding this home sway and this one leaning towards
my home makes me uncomfortable.

Finally decided to not wait any longer and tree cutters arrived at 7:30 in the morning
with all the equipment to take this probably 80 foot high tree down.   This was such  a project
since tree next to drive, about 25 feet from home and such a small area to work in.   They were successful
in taking it down in sections.   Costly and I had a bid from one just beginning but he did not
have the proper equipment to do this so went with the experienced one.
Now that all has been cleaned up, leaving me about a rick of wonderful
Oak to age and will be great when used in the burning pit ( I might add I miss
my wood burning stove and fireplaces of the past so much)
The tree in good shape but the bottom was rotting because of the damage.
I am relieved that this is over.    Do believe a little more sun will be able to shine
on my smaller garden.
 
While they were finishing up I had them put the lawn tractor's blade on (something I can
no longer do).  Wanted to blow some leaves and sawdust from tree cutting off of the lawn.
  I love this machine and smile as I remember the young man saying
you be careful when using this and I no longer do this unless someone
is on the property.
 
Read this somewhere and the words are on my desk
 
Though no one can go back and make a new start,
anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning.....
 
A delightful early morning, still dark, in the 50,s and this will continue
during the next week.
 
I love early mornings, probably most people are sleeping, I know my children are except son in Thailand.  I plan on baking a new recipe
of Cranberry muffins, still have a package of cranberries in the freezer and when
they arrive in stores need to buy a number of bags.   I use them on yogurt, waffles, in my smoothies,
pumpkin bread and in a blueberry bread recipe.
 

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I like that quote and embrace it (again) this morning....
I do the same with cranberries.
Glad the tree project is history for you.

Anvilcloud said...

Wow! From the second pic, that does seem like a major job.

Tabor said...

Such a dramatic change when one loses a tree. These are called hazard trees and you were wise to bring it down even if it never fell. It bring you some piece of mind. We have a tree over the garage that should come down...maybe in the spring?

Sharon said...

I like that saying, too. Have a good day, Ernestine ~