Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Early Morning Sights

Bambi - baby deer
where is your mama ?
and wild turkeys
in Soybean field :)
 
I need a new camera..
in another week new computer arrives with nice big screen :)
A different day planned but on the phone a lot this morning
with Verizon.   They are offering a new wireless air card
and will try with my new computer and hopefully better connection.
Since it is wireless can take to different rooms by different windows
to see if connection is better then where I connect at this time
Hope so...
 
Hour later, 2 more deer.
I see a lot of deer in my front field over the years
but usually not at the end of July.   It is early in the year for me to see this activity.
With such an unusually hot summer, I wonder if this means an early
and very cold winter.
 
Hope Not...

11 comments:

Pienosole said...

LOVE your sunflower photo heading! Let's not think of what winter may bring... Telling myself this as I make the intention to savor a warm, sunny August ahead. :-)

nancy at good food matters said...

Hi Ernestine, I haven't visited here for a few weeks, so I Loved coming here today and seeing your beautiful photos. That Sunflower! All the deer, turkeys, that blue bunting! Such blessings of the natural world. My best, Nancy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What great photos! So neat to see your visitors.

Enjoy the rest of your week ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

We've been hauling hay today in the heat; makes winter seem welcome :) Then I'll complain again! The farmer said there were deer in our front yard one afternoon while I was picking blueberries at the back of the house ~ brave animals!

Judy said...

The deer may be very thirsty and eating the green to get dew or water of some kind. Yes--it is early for them to be out.

Marcie said...

Wildlife sightings always seem special. So glad to share the planet with these shy, wild creatures... though often wish we could do so a bit more gracefully.

Wisewebwoman said...

Love those deer! Still waiting for summer out here.

XO
WWW

Anvilcloud said...

Including the horse, you have a fairly good triangle, which is nice, compositionally.

Tabor said...

I have a photo for sale much like yours above in your header and at first I thought you must have purchased it from the site that displays it on the Internet! Are you surprised? Not I!! What a lovely area of the world.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor image from my old photo file, now going into it. Kept wondering was this at
my small city home ? Do recognise fabric from old umbrella. Hope I did not download from you - do not think so but not positive on much lately :)

All other comments, thank you and just returned from big city and exhausted...

Tabor said...

Oh, no. I realized it was NOT mine when I wrote the above commnet! I guess my humor did not translate. I just meant to express we have a similar eye for shapes and colors. That is NOT my umbrella. I will have to post my photo just to show you how similar they are!