Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Life On A Country Rural Road

At the moment not able to send mail to my children
a ritual I do every morning to let them know
all is well.

Have not seen a person, car, neighbor out
all week, need to call post office this morning
to check on mail.  Truck still covered with ice,
 I cannot go down icy steps to try and start
and garage door still has 3 feet of frozen snow
in front of it.   Up every few hours in the night
to make sure water was still running.

All is well and hopefully in a few days my world
will return to normal.

So aware of my blessings as I view news around the world.

So I cook...

Bran muffins, 16 bean soup
and corn bread....

11 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

My goodness, you are really locked down.

Tabor said...

hope you have not got cabin fever. Stay tight, maybe someone will come by soon and I am sure the P.O. has lots of mail backed up. You are at least the very healthiest cook around.

lil red hen said...

After seeing the weather for your area this morning, I've been worried about you, hoping you don't lose power. Do you have someone to come get you if this happens? It's very cold here but not snowed in at least.

Judy said...

Thank goodness you have Callie!

Balisha said...

Please be careful. Don't take any chances till ice is gone. Just stay in and continue cooking. Maybe put some in freezer.
Love Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Tabor, you know me well - think it has lifted :) AC, :)
Charlotte, all is well and think we are almost over this bad weather, Judy, Callie no comfort at the moment, she has cabin fever:)
Balisha, bless your heart
thank you for thinking of me...

Sharon said...

Ernestine, I am always glad to read that all is well in your part of the woods, despite the bad weather. I've been hunkered down here for two days awaiting the newest few inches of snow. I didn't need to get out so I didn't, and I used the time to take care of a myriad of emails, phone calls, and household chores. Unfortunately I didn't make any meal as delicious as yours. Be well, my friend ~

thewiildmagnola said...

So happy you can go online!
Quite a winter you are having!

And so....you cook! I think that is wonderful.

I adore your cover picture.

Stay warm, saying prayers for you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Sandy and Sharon,
day has ended, faucets dripping
and soon warmer weather..

Sky said...

I want some cornbread and soup! I get so hungry visiting your blog sometimes! :) glad the weather is improving.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Dear Sky, I truly think I am losing it - more snow and ice due this afternoon. Then warmer next week - if I make it...