Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, October 21, 2011

Painting In The Sky

For a little over two years I have had the blessing of viewing the most beautiful sunsets
from the porch of my cottage.
Last night was a repeat performance
The images I capture with my camera
cannot convey the depth
of the beauty I see.
No words to share how these sunsets
speak to my heart and soul.

Ever thankful for this gift
in the last years of my life...

7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

O my dear, a splendid capture, sunset through the fall woodlands.

I love it. Thank you for sharing!

Judy said...

As we age we have more time to "see" the beauty in nature. Love the picture--thank you for sharing.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sandra and Judy, thanks for visiting on this cool, sunny and very windy day...

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

I love that picture...beautiful! I love sunsets, too.

Sharon said...

Yes, like a painting ~ I kept this up on my monitor like a background. There is something about sunsets that is so peaceful, the close of another day.

Anonymous said...

The colors are beautiful! Is it not wonderful you don't have to leave home to see such beauty.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sharon and My Beth, thank you for visiting.