Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, October 28, 2011

Evening Smile

After a long day I am
reading my youngest daughter's entry
on Vicks Vapor Rub.  She shares memories
about special childhood scents.

Yes, Vicks is still comforting to her mom.

Reading her comments
She made me smile
she wrote that whenever she smells Murphy's Oil Soap
it reminds her of me .

Well my older daughter's have said when
they smell L'Air Du Temps by Nina Ricci
and Vita Bath, memories of mom arise.

I have memories of Joy and the wonderful scent of roses.

Of course when they were growing up
it was a different lifestyle. Mom was more
sophisticated.    So guess my
youngest with her and I in the old farmhouse
she has memories of mom cleaning, gardening
and the special animals we raised.

Might add that I recently found Vita Bath on
Amazon and ordered.  First time in probably
25 years.  Guess I deserve the treat :) 
It is amazing - with this country
water that is hard and a person who loves
a wonderful warm bath - this product is
great.   Added perk - your tub practically
cleans itself - never a ring
Also the scent is so fresh....

http://blondemomblog.com/

7 comments:

Judy said...

The smell of Vicks Vapo-Rub always makes me feel sleepy. My Mom use to rub it on my chest whenever I had a cold AND, I always sniffed of the ribbon on my blanket when I went to sleep and there was always a bit of Vicks on it--even in the summer.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, you and I are a lot alike.
Now did I find you or did you fine me :)

Sky said...

which fragrance of vita bath do you like? a friend of mine liked the evergreen scented shower gel (green bottle top), and i liked the more floral scent. cannot recall the names of the scents - has been a long time. just remember how wonderful the bathroom always smelled afterwards. i used shower gel since i prefer showers to baths.

i have always been a vapo rub addict! must have given me great relief as a kid because it has been with me all my life! mother mixed it with something called musterole and applied it to our chests and then covered our chests with squares of heated flannel under our flannel pjs or nightgowns.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, I bought the Evergreen - love it. I had forgotten about it
and weekas ago came to mind and I thought do they even make it anymore - ordered. I am a warm bath in the evening person. Sure relaxes me after working outside most of day :)

Anonymous said...

Makes me wonder what smells my daughters may associate with their childhoods. I'll ask! I love a bath, as well. Happy soaking, you hard-working woman!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Ellen, I only found this out when I read my daughter's entries. We are always learning something :)

Anonymous said...

Mama I saw a large green Vitabath at TJ Maxx yesterday and thought of you. I have never seen it there before. Not sure how much Amazon sells it for but it was 24.99. Love Beth