Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Where Did You Come From

I do not know if anyone else is like this One Woman when it comes to recipes?

I am always jotting them down. Early this morning cleaning out the basket by my telephone I found a Chocolate Chip pie recipe. In my hand writing and I followed perfectly. Something did not quite seem right to me about the 1 cup of butter. I mixed the filling, put it in the oven and as it was cooking began to look through cook books and online recipes.

Some recipes quite similar and they all called for 1/2 cup of butter. So...I have this super rich pie to treat my craving for chocolate.

Still - I wonder where did I get this recipe from? Must have thought it was good for me to have copied it . Also in my mind I pictured a chocolate colored pie not a pie with melted chocolate chips in it.

I will have to taste this pie to see if I want to share the recipe :)

Remember - One Woman ---Slow down, you move to fast. You are even copying recipes wrong.

PIE UPDATE

Just finished late lunch and had a slice of the pie. I found it Delicious, very sweet and loaded with calories :)

Toll House Cookie Pie

2 large eggs ( I used 3 small)
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup butter - room temperature
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts
Beat eggs and add sugar, vanilla, butter, flour and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts
Place in unbaked pie crust
325 for 1 hour

10 comments:

lilalia said...

You are a like an absent minded professor of the kitchen. I don't follow recipes, but whip up whatever I can depending on what is in the refrigerator or in season. When I look at that pie though, I begin to wonder whether I shouldn't change my ways.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Lilalia, I am like you in many ways - I very seldom follow recipes. Read them to get ideas. Pie looks tasty and rich. Not much weight on this frame - so I will eat and enjoy :)
Thanks for visiting me.

Sharon said...

That sounds like a wonderful chocolate-chip-cookie-pie. Yummm. I often cut back on the butter called for in a recipe with no loss in flavor or texture.

Balisha said...

This sounds like my Toll House Cookie Pie. I'll have to check the recipe to see if it's the same. Now, I hope that I filed it in my recipe file. I do the same as you....copy them and put them in a basket or two and then forget where they came from.Have a nice evening...Balisha

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Balisha - that is the pie. Thanks for opening my brain :)
It is so good. Sharon thanks for visiting

dr.antony said...

Do you know there are people out there who enjoy reading cook books and recipes? If not, it is news. I am one of them.My wife subscribes to many women's magazines, and I get hold of them first. I only look at the pages for cooking and recipes. I enjoy the pictures and would even go to the details of it. Very rarely,I try them.
I loves what all I saw at your site.
Keep on writing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good recipe to me and looks wonderful. I will have to try it. You would not believe how many recipes I have written down and stuck places. I find them all the time. My desk is covered with them. I, too, make up my own recipes much of the time. Have a good week.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

dr.antony, I am one of those people - I read cook books like a novel. When I use to travel I would take one on the plane with me. Visit again from your far away land.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy, you and I are twins :)

MsGraysea said...

Looks beautiful, and I laughed out loud at the "I have no idea where the recipe came from." I do the same thing.
Glad you tried it so we could have a report.