Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, March 9, 2009

No Complaining - Please

The most beautiful weekend in my part of the country. Saturday drove to the country just to see the continued progress. My helper for clearing the woods around the house did not show.
Sunday and now Monday at home. It is 10:00 and I have done a days work. Washed some windows, load of wash, went over floors in house and then outside. Some weeding, spread some fertilizer and special feed of Azaleas and Rhododendron's, spread a lot of my seeds that were saved and did some picking up of branches and leaves. I am finished. Oh, I also made a small meatloaf. I have not done that in years. Need some comfort food. So it is in the frig and ready to cook later in the day with mashed or scalloped potatoes and green beans.
I called Bill my
contractor to see if they would start spreading the dozen piles of dirt beside my new drive and in field. I cannot believe it is beautiful out and the next several days continued in the 70's - it rained in that area last night. Must have just been only on 100 acres surrounding my new home. I guess the first disappointment with this project. I want the mud to go away.
Forgive me for complaining or whining. In my mind I have been planning a small vegetable garden and creating a small nursery for some plants and small trees. Here I do not even have a house. I am way ahead of everything. But then I have always been.
But, One Woman is One Woman creating all of this and she is older and suppose to be wiser.
So my son's voice keep echoing in my ear " go slowly - what's the hurry".
Also - on my mind continually is the fact that my youngest granddaughter has been sick since last Thursday. Her mom takes her to the doctor for the second time at noon today. My baby girl may have the flu. I started to cry when talking to my daughter about this early this morning and she replied "I'm her mother and I know what to do". I just replied "I guess I'm the grandma and I am so worried about her and love her so very much".Enough said for my morning.

Everything that slows us down and forces patience. Everything that sets us back into the slow circles of nature, is a help. Gardening is an instrument of grace.
May Sarton

Just received a call from my daughter. Our little one has two infected ears. Ouch, guess that would give you a fever and make you not feel well. She is on an antibiotic.
Tabor and Ugich - you both are so on target with your advice. Yes, I know to stay in the moment but sometimes we wander out of it.
Tabor, now if it was summer there would be no shirts and flexing of muscles. Too cool as of yet.
Realized I was not dead last week when at hairdressers for trim the most gorgeous male I have seen in ages walked in. I truly have not seen anyone in a long time that turned my head.
He had beautiful snow white hair. I think he was selling insurance. Anyway Samantha who is like a daughter and my every 4 month hair trim person said all the ladies were talking about him. When I left I told her to find out if he was for rent. I could use a chauffeur occasionally. At least I realized I was not dead. lol

17 comments:

Ugich Konitari said...

Your son is so right. I think the excitement, tension and urgency of the new house is wearing you down. Physically and emotionally. Please listen to your body. And take enough rest.

You know, my mother-in-law would call her grandchildren her "vitamins". I think it is worrying for you to think of a grandchild who is sick. Not to worry. Spring is arriving. And your vitamins will soon be with you.....

Tabor said...

My best advice it to try and be in the moment as much as possible and not have the future be such a strong driver. Enjoy the smell of new cut wood. Enjoy how the shadows fall across the muddy driveway and there must be a least one good-looking male flexing his muscles on the site!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Miss Amelia is eating a chocolate Frosty and is much better but the antibiotic should do the trick by her birthday! :)

Gail said...

Ernestine,

It seemed I waited forever for the contractors to get here and now I am ready for them to leave so I can play in my garden! Aren't we funny! It's always a good practice to be in the now...not always easy but a good practice none the less. We had brunch at Miel on Sunday; before that my husband and I walked around the neighborhood...I would see a new home and wonder if it was yours! Gail

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jamie, so happy my baby girl is doing better. I guess I am concerned like a grandma is suppose to be.
Gail, thank you for your comments.
Your blog is so educational and your images outstanding. I stand in awe of you. Always read your site but seldom comment because of the volume of people commenting.

Darlene said...

I honestly don't know how you do all the things you accomplish. I get exhausted just reading about them.

Please learn to pace yourself. Your granddaughter will have many more illnesses and you must not worry.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Darlene I have always gone like this. Love having a project. I thought this home would be my last and I would settle into my 3 score and 10 years. I am sure this will be my last project and I am trying to slow down. I just having difficulty sitting - unless it is a rainy day and I read. Your comments are special to me.

Beverly said...

You amaze me with your energy and achievement of your dreams. I do hope we meet someday. I would love a visit to Woodhaven.

it is funny about the good looking man. they can still make us turn a head, can't they?

kenju said...

I think I'd go back for a trim more often, if it meant you could meet that guy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Beverly and Kenju - thanks for checking in. Beverly I wonder about the energy. It is just difficult for me to sit still. Beverly we will meet sometime - I know it. The good looking man surprised me. I truly see nothing that turns my head anymore. Must be Spring!!!

Judy said...

I am so sorry your granddaughter is ill. My grandson fights ear infections all the time and they are going today to see about tubes in his ears. I know you are anxious for stuff to be done. I would be as well. I think it is funny that you suddenly decided you might need a chauffeur! You would feel funny if he applied for the job...lol.

daringtowrite said...

You sure can pack a lot into a day. Well wishes to your granddaughter.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Judy and Wenda thank you for your comments. Baby girl is feeling better. I am so thankful. Judy - I might just increase his duties. lol

Janice Lynne Lundy said...

Just stopping by, following threads. What a lovely blog you have, simple and soulful. You invite us to be more with less, to savor everyday delights. Love the Sarton quote. Blessings to you! J

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan, thank you for stopping by.
I checked out your journal and saw a lot of "me". Welcome to my world.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Jan, thank you for stopping by.
I checked out your journal and saw a lot of "me". Welcome to my world.