Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Leaves Where Are You

I just returned from the country. Beautiful warm and sunny day. Took this image behind
Woodhaven. In the city it is beginning to look like Spring. In the country there is not a leaf on the trees. Of course it is about 45 minutes North of my city cottage. In the past I remember seeing a few Dogwoods and Red Bud trees on this country property.
At the moment do not know where they are. I want to protect them when any clipping is done.
Just received a call that my Aunt Lucille passed away today. She was 95. She lived longer then anyone on my father's side of the family.
Friday I will return to the country to see the shingles being put on and maybe windows and doors will be delivered and then on Saturday will attend a funeral.
I could not post the picture of the woods and was going to not post this entry. Could not sleep and am up reading. This needs to be posted because of my Aunt. So many memories of times in the past with her.

A day or it is night - in the life of One Woman

5 comments:

Sky said...

so sorry about your aunt.

sounds like they are making terrific progress building your house. will be glad to see new photos when you have them.

Marcie said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your aunt, Ernestine.

hugs,
Aisling

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky and Aisling - thank you.
Sky I keep watching for a recent post. Hope all is well with both of you. Have a great day.

Tabor said...

We are in the time of our life when those who pass had spent enough time with us to be meaningful and their loss is felt. I hope spring gets to your part of the woods soon. Our dogwoods and redbuds are not yet in bloom.

kenju said...

I am sorry for the loss of your aunt, but what a wonderfully long life she had.