Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, March 6, 2009

Hello Blogging!

Your about to have a birthday. Picture taken one year ago as thoughts surfaced to have an online "journal". Difficult to believe that I found enough to post about for one year. A lot of thoughts going through my mind about continuing. I would like to have my years entries bound and put away. Maybe some grandchild would like to read about the real grandma. One topic I have not written about is my father's background. A small town was named after his ancestors. I need to include this documentation in my first year entries. My youngest granddaughter will have her 4th birthday when grandma is celebrating the end of her first year on line in about a week.
Thoughts this early morning from One Woman on the continued journey through life.

8 comments:

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

Mama,

I'm going to give you your official first comment! :)

Liza on Maui said...

well, well, well,... it's about time! (ha, ha)

Seriously, I am glad you're diving in. I am adding you to my blogroll for sure!

:) Liza

Beverly said...

Ernestine, Thank you for letting me know about your blog. I look forward to reading your thoughts. I am really quite excited...

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Ernestine. So glad to have you here at last.

Ronni Bennett
http://www.timegoesby.net

sharryb said...

Hi Ernestine,
Glad to have you with us here in the blog world. I'm looking forward to hearing more about your life. I agree, it is just (or almost) as hard to be mindful when one is in charge of one's time as when we were working for others. Well, off to my dance class.

Blessings,
Sharry

Samantha said...

I am so thrilled you have taken this on. I love it...and I love you. Thanks for sharing!

Zabetha said...

Hi Ernestine,

Congrats on a year of blogging! Best wishes for many more!

It's hard to believe one has anything to say when one starts, but I think you've found your voice and have lots of worthwhile things to say.

The 92-year old father of a dear friend of mine is writing his memoirs, as a gift to his family. I've done a bit of editing for him and am impressed with what he has to say, what he has lived. I am envious of his daughters for receiving that gift, I wish my own parents could have done that.

I think writing a personal blog is a gift to your family, especially when it contains memories of previous years, or as you suggest, references to family history. So good on you!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Anne, thank you for your kind comments. Will see what the next year brings!!