Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mourning Dove


When I look out my kitchen window there are about a dozen mourning doves. Why is it that when I see them I have a sense of peace.
They are so gentle, soft and innocent looking. I love their call during nesting season.
After my mother passed away there was a dove that stayed outside my bedroom window for months. Many thoughts came to mind. One thought continually came to mind, she was sending me Peace.
I can remember when I lived in the country and in the fall there would be dove hunts. This truly saddened me.

A thought this early morning from One Woman on her Journey Through This Life.

3 comments:

Wenda said...

What a beautiful little creature! Thanks for stopping to comment on my latest post. May Peace be with you.

Deborah Carr said...

I've always considered the haunting call of a dove to be just one of God's gifts of peace...as the beauty and perfection of their feathers somehow brings me immense comfort...

One Woman's Journey said...

Wenda and Deborah, thank you for visiting me. I agree with the feeling of peace connected with doves. I know they always bring this about.