Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mourning Dove


When I look out my kitchen window there are about a dozen mourning doves. Why is it that when I see them I have a sense of peace.
They are so gentle, soft and innocent looking. I love their call during nesting season.
After my mother passed away there was a dove that stayed outside my bedroom window for months. Many thoughts came to mind. One thought continually came to mind, she was sending me Peace.
I can remember when I lived in the country and in the fall there would be dove hunts. This truly saddened me.

A thought this early morning from One Woman on her Journey Through This Life.

3 comments:

daringtowrite said...

What a beautiful little creature! Thanks for stopping to comment on my latest post. May Peace be with you.

Deborah Carr said...

I've always considered the haunting call of a dove to be just one of God's gifts of peace...as the beauty and perfection of their feathers somehow brings me immense comfort...

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Wenda and Deborah, thank you for visiting me. I agree with the feeling of peace connected with doves. I know they always bring this about.