Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, October 3, 2008

Grandma's Day



A beautiful Friday. Amelia and I went to see my 95 year old aunt. That would be my little girls great great aunt. Aunt Lucille is amazing. She is having a lot of health problems but
she surely does not look 95 and knows more of what is going on in the world then I do.
We have returned and my girl is painting with water colors on the back porch.

Rain, where are you!!!!

Let us be silent, that we may hear the whispers of the Gods
Ralph Waldo Emerson


7 comments:

L. said...

Such intensity and focus on her sweet face!
A budding artist, perhaps?

: )

Darlene said...

Very wise to have your pretty granddaughter paint on the porch. My granddaughter would probably have spilled the paint at some point.

Amelia is a little love.

Gail said...

Indeed where is the rain!

How wonderful for your darling to know many generations of her family. It will be a wonderful gift she will carry into adulthood.

Gail

BlondeMomBlog (Jamie) said...

She is a future artist, no? ;)

Mim said...

Ahhhh that is so sweet.
So glad she can spend time there with you.
Hope you are well.
Mim

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Thank you for all the kind comments. These little girls are a blessing to me at this time of life. Especially in a new area.
Guess they are my friends!!
They surely make me smile and feel loved.

Jessi Cotterill said...

wondering what she's painting... could be your beautiful garden?