Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, July 28, 2019

No Air Conditioning

I did not do too well yesterday when my air conditioning stopped

Mostly because I like people to be sincere with me
and this unit is just 2 years old, suppose to be serviced every year or less.

Many calls made and continually promises that did not happen.

My special yard boy, I called among others and he immediately said I am sending my neighbor
who services these units.   So very thankful and I say God Bless him as the temperature was rising
rapidly.

Other disappointing and upsetting situations happened and finally, have just brushed them off
but it seems more difficult as time goes on.

Even thought of not writing again
but I will continue onward.

Thoughts of a different form
maybe like a diary.

So many special people I have met over the last 14 years of writing and I am not ready to
let you go :)

A beautiful day, there were a number of them before this one and was even cool enough
to sit on the screen porch.   The ceiling fan stopped on that special porch and someone visiting
yesterday volunteered to put up a new one for me.   So a trip to Lowes tomorrow with a helper
to purchase one.

I have so many thoughts surface, guess that is normal at my age, a busy life that took many forms.

Practicing letting them go and not expecting more then others deliver.  As time goes by, we each answer for ourselves and at the moment I go forward with a clear mind.

It seems everyone's life is so busy at this time.  I remember with working and raising 4 children

Will say that special son in a land thousands of miles away can talk with me just a few minutes and with very few words can put his mama back on track and another can do the same thing for her mama

Check back in soon

Now this makes me smile
only a few came up
but I enjoy and soon the birds will too.
A blessing is a young woman
who helps me some evenings with my garden
and feeding the birds.  Appreciate her so very much.




7 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Love you dear Ernestine!! May your week be a good one. ~ FlowerLady

MsGraysea said...

Hoping your AC is all fixed and purring up some cool air for you. This is not the time for it to be on the blink! What wonderful and supportive people you have around you....and they help to make your home so beautiful, too. The sunflower is lovely and may you have some beautiful birds to partake of the seeds. This Friday my daughter will be visiting from FL, and we are going to drive to CT to visit a sunflower farm. I am looking forward to walking amidst all that beauty.
Much love and peaceful times for you.

Tabor said...

We all need helpers as we age. It is difficult when everyone is so far away. Scary when the AC does not work. I keep worrying about mine as the heating unit went out this past winter. The whole thing is getting old and they explained it will need to be replaced in the near future. I just hope it happens on a "normal" day. This summer is hot for everyone. My sunflowers all fell to the ground when I was on travel and our garden helper cut them all before they went to seed. Next year nee to not travel at the end of summer.

Wisewebwoman said...

Look for the diamonds among the lumps of coal dear Ernestine. I try to practise that, sometimes failing. Any challenges against my plans can throw me sideways now and talking to a few in the building they feel the same. A kind of panic sets in and I don't like that.

I can relate to all you say. I count the diamonds:I'm still driving, I'm still acting, I'm still writing, my plants are healthy, my new top fits beautifully, my neighbour brings me fresh bread, flowers I brought a friend who can't afford them anymore delighted her so much she kept stroking them and talking about them, tiny things but important.

XO
WWW

Rebecca said...

I admire the way you recognize and appreciate the "helpers" in your life...

Friko said...

No, don’t give up, keep writing. I am sure I am not the only one who enjoys your bits of wisdom.
When we get old - which isn’t so bad so long as we have a clear mind and relatively comfortable living - our world shrinks but I feel that we finally concentrate on the important aspects for which we never had the time before. I am happy in my world now, don’t ask for much, sit and remember the good times and please myself rather than others.

Stay cool and happy, my dear.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Friko, thank you for your words of wisdom,
"I am happy in my world now, don't ask for ,much, sit and remember the good times
and please myself rather than others.....