Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Angel

Yesterday returning from an appointment
my Jamie and helper stopped in a restaurant
both holding on to me so I would not fall.

Delicious lunch needed to bring home.

Will write later
but  a young woman approached me
as I looked at a necklace
it was a beautiful light green color.

She said
do you like it
I said it is beautiful
she took it off the mannequin
and placed it over my head
and said it is yours

A beautiful light green
the picture does not do it justice
Heart Charka

I replied
oh no
just admiring it

she hugged me
kissed both of my cheeks
hugged me
many in the store
watching this go on
I began to cry
Jamie began to cry

She then shared part of her story
and kept repeating
anything you want
I will do for you
is there anything in this store
you like
let me get it for you

I kept saying "oh no"


at 1:00 another appointment I said never again
shots in knees and fluid drained off
so painful arthritis

So I know God is blessing me with attention from many
that my heart wants from some others
but it is provided.

8 comments:

Judy said...

What a lovely gesture on the lady's part.
She must have sensed you needed a lift to your soul.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a beautiful, loving thing this lady did for you.

Love, hugs & prayers for you dear Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

Wisewebwoman said...

How lovely, you spirit shone out to her and she responded.

Hang in there my dear friend.

XO
WWW

PatK said...

How lovely. I think she needed this moment of giving as much as you needed to this expression of love.

Pienosole said...

💚 Coincidentally (?), I read this post just after listening to the first lesson of an online chakra course I’m taking. Wishing you much healing and peace.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pienosole, thank you and love and blessings sent to you.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Reading about the kindness and goodness of the lady giving you the necklace touched my heart. It is great knowing that there are people who do good things like that. Your new necklace is beautiful.

I hope your knee shots help you very much. It is 10 days since I had total knee replacement. Thank God I have been home for one week now. The hospital was a nightmare this time due to being overcrowded, completely different than last year's experience. The nurses were all angels, and were working as hard as they could. I don't remember my first knee replacement surgery last year being as uncomfortable as this one still is, but on the first one I took the prescribed pain pills and dealt with those side effects which made me miserable, instead of the knee discomfort.

May many more gifts and kindnesses come to you.

Sharon said...

What a wonderful gracious gesture that touched the lives of all who were there ~