Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Friday, August 10, 2018

Our Heritage and my youngest is a Birthday Girl today

Happy Birthday to my youngest daughter on this early morning.
My Jamie
several who have seen this post have mentioned to me
my mother in the image is the little girl
that Jamie resembles her grandmother.

An early rainy Friday morning and will be a restful day, too much done yesterday, too many errands
I am not good at pacing myself.



Many old pictures I possess
A special cousin so knowledgeable in my mother's genealogy has brought me much joy by sharing a lot of
our connected past and every now and then something really new to me.

He emailed me a copy of a photo of my maternal grandmother, my mother, and his grandmother
my Aunt Bea

There is a Scarlet Tanger been here by my cottage since Spring, that makes constant visits, sits on the deck rail, bird feeder and in the trees
I have tried for months to capture an image.  So smart he is that even when I walk by the door or
window hoping to get an image he flies away.
Looking out the window earlier today was able to capture his image through the window.  I have wanted so to capture a better one.  This is the male and daily the female will also visit with him.


Also a Hummingbird, he does not look as pretty as all the Hummingbirds the beginning of the
season, maybe because there is a constant stream of these birds chasing one another away from
the feeders :)

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh! That photo of the Scarlett Tanger is wonderful! How satifying t must be to watch the activity of the birds from your window!

Wisewebwoman said...

I love the old photos, that is truly spectacular in that it looks like your grandma drove in an era when women didn't.

Ah the birds, all kinds, I love them.

XO
WWW

Bluebird49 said...

I would love to find someone who has old pictures of our families! Check out that car your grandmother is in!!
Your Tananger picture is great!

Pienosole said...

Beautiful photos! Despite health challenges, you sound very happy in your cottage. :-)