Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Old Barns



















My surrounding roads are filled with old barns and recently you see the smoke coming
out of the barns as one type of tobacco is being cured The scent is wonderful and a reminder of Fall.

Also, unusually cool mornings for several weeks is delightful at this time but later in the
day it becomes hot once again and humidity is horrible.

A number of barns being repaired not with wood.   I do not like this so it seems one more
beautiful ancient thing in our past years may not be here in years to come as owners are choosing to not to restore with wood and repaint barns.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I feel the same way. I have a love affair with old barns--especially the ones I grew up with and played. Thankfully my sister and her hubs restored the two big ones on the ancestors property, but my son is letting the one on my childhood farm, fall in and daughter, on the farm where I raised the kids, sold hers to someone who took it down and took the wood!

kerrdelune said...

I always love seeing old barns when pottering along country roads and so wish I knew their stories.