Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day

This mother does it her way
guess
it is my way of showing love

Texas Baked Beans
fill the air with such a tempting scent.
Blue Lake Green Beans are simmering (from a friends garden canned last summer
Deviled Eggs, a family favorite, a dozen fill a plate
2 Chickens purchased that were cooking on a grill.
enough
but miss making my Oriental Slaw

Girls bringing more

and my youngest granddaughter;s favorite
Lemon Ice Box pie
just topped
and now in Fridge along with a Chess Pie

Each entering this door
soon
are loved so deeply.

When my son arrived 6 weeks ago my desk was piled high with paper work
and look at my desk at this time.
a lot has been done during his visit
now everyone back to their normal routines

Safe travel wishes
my son.

3 comments:

Pienosole said...

May the rest of your day be as beautiful as your posting. Much joy to all! :-)

Bluebird49 said...

It sounds as though you are blessed beyond measure, Ernestine, and it warms the heart! You children loving you the way you love them. It's how it's meant to be. I love Oriental coleslaw, too, but sounds like things are pretty much taken care of!!
I am so happy!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Pien0sole thank, wish you were near.
Bluebird, thank you for your kind words,,