Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Saturday, May 5, 2018

Embrace Uncertainty

Early morning
checking computer
lists being made
much to wind up before my son returns to his home over the ocean

A site I read has some special words that I ponder.

"Embrace Uncertainty"

We have a choice.  We can spend our whole life suffering
because we can't relax with how things really are. or we can
relax and embrace the open-endedness of the human situation,
which is fresh, unfixed, unbiased.

So what is the answer
At my stage of life there is so much to be thankful for, 
just shingles lingering and arthritis.
So need to stop thinking of my wonderful past of being independent
and doing everything my way.
I really try hard and want much to be like it was in the past
and it is not going to happen.

I wonder how in the world there are so many that read my words
comment and email me, so much younger but maybe they will learn something.

Do not give up, do all you can to be healthy
and try to not be so vocal
because your family, if like mine
do not like hearing it.

All
have a wonderful day
a sprinkling rain this early morning
and many errands to be attended too.

6 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Good words for all of us!

Love, hugs & prayers for you dearest Ernestine ~ FlowerLady

Judy said...

I love you Ernestine and understand all you write, as many are my own experiences and thoughts. Not only family, but it seems no one wants to really hear how we are feeling. My answer is always, "I'm fine, how are you?"

Rebecca said...

I AM learning much from you! Keep it up.
And on a lighter note, you reminded me of a Lou Holtz commencement speech I heard where he said, "Quit telling people about your problems. 80% don't care and the other 20% are glad you've got 'em!"
It's easy to say not to focus on the past--to be happy/content in present, etc. but it really ISN'T quite as easy to do, is it? ♥

Monica Buttercup said...

This is what I want written on my tombstone:
Take care of your teeth.

Marcia Morse said...

This post is exactly what I needed to hear right now, and everyday, for that matter.
Thank you so much, and, do know, your wisdom ripples out helping so many, young and older, as we are.
I am 9 weeks into dealing with injuries to both feet, and still not able to go for a walk. There is progress but in tiny babysteps. The tendency to wonder why the universe took me out of the action for all this time is really strong. My patience has truly been tested, and that of my family, with whom I live!! Along with Spring, which has been really late on Cape Cod this year, I am getting through by focusing on the good and practicing acceptance.

Wishing you beauty all around and continued good health! Marcia


One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

thanks to everyone as I read your comments
and Marcia, I am so sorry about injury and understand your frustration
get over it soon.....