Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday N.Y. Times and Dental Experience

Before I begin
have to share
just received

My boy in N.Y. with my Jessica


Interesting articles in this Sunday's N.Y.Times, really enjoy the Sunday paper delivered to me
and always have it delivered when a special price which is almost always.

The Tyranny Of Convenience

"when everything is easy
the only skill that matters is the ability
to multitask"

If interested you can read

as I read it came to mind that I always did and still do things the old fashion way.

A lady that helped me once
I asked to chop some veggies
and she replied "I do not do it this way always use an electrical chopper, do you have one?)
I always liked chopping by hand, paring knife in hand and my old cutting board
on the counter.

Another article
on Yoga Pants
and it asked the question
"does anyone wear sweat pants anymore?"

I wear both
sweat pants so warm on cool days, love the deep pockets for my phone, trimmers and gloves.

It went on to say "why do we have to look sexy at the gym"
now I do not not go to the gym, always just exercised at home.
With my petite frame when exercising I like yoga pants
and a new practice for me
wearing them with long tops when the weather permits
almost daily.

If I was not a small size would not do this.

Jamie's words this morning

"We all need Grace and Kindness
in this world
especially as we grow Older"

I say yes to this....

Horrid dental experience late Friday
a back tooth not feeling right
and since the weekend
checked to see if it was alright with my dentist
just to by pass him and go to the near by oral surgeon
that I have gone to in the past.   Was told fine
as I did not want to go through the weekend with maybe pain.

Exrayed and yes the tooth needed to come out.   Now an extraction usually takes 5 minutes
after sedated.  New young doctor, usual one not there.  Well it begins, close to an hour
as tooth is crumbling in pieces, finally out and they want to talk to me (and I am a basket case)
ask for my Jamie to come in room with me.   Told tooth behind would eventually have to come
out and since sedated they recommended taking it out also (I think it had been damaged)
so the next tooth comes out good.

Was told since a problem would charge me for just one extraction, I comment "that is kind"
Today, swollen jaw, a little black and blue and not feeling the best.

Doctor did call yesterday to check on me and I said is there any chance you did not get all the
pieces of crumbled tooth, he replied that it was all removed.

Sure hope so and hopefully I feel better tomorrow

10 comments:

lil red hen said...

This dental experience scares me! I'm behind on my cleaning date but hate to go! Something has happened to my teeth; I think it's a jaw problem. I had crooked teeth until I was 46 years old, then I got braces. I was so happy to have straight teeth. Now, 30 years later the teeth have moved and are not straight anymore. When I look in the mirror I feel like crying...:( Hope your mouth heals well!

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Oh Charlotte, I feel your pain, God Bless You, praying for you....

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm surprised that he didn't notice the second tooth would need to come out while examining the first tooth. I hope next time there is another dentist/oral surgeon available for you. I hope the pain stops soon and everything heals quickly. Take care.

kerrdelune said...

Hope you feel better soon, my friend. I have had to spend some time with my dentist lately, and it is always traumatic, mouth discomfort for days afterward.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

S & K, thank you...

Sky said...

hope they put you on antibiotics. so sorry you had to go through this. do you have something medically going on that is causing your teeth to crumble? get some rest and be kind to yourself for a few days. sending many good wishes and a big hug.

One Woman's Journey - a journal being written from Woodhaven - her cottage in the woods. said...

Sky, no health issue except Sjogrens 15 years and you have dry mouth

Now you know, after 80 teeth don't last forever
Rough experience. Back to surgeon for something to help, just going to take time.

Wisewebwoman said...

I hope you feel better soon. I am long overdue at the dentist and I know I have problems, always so terrified and a baby.

Your flowers were such a gift.

And the baby is so happy looking.

We are counting the blessings.

XO
WWW

Judy said...

The dental stuff just makes me cringe!!!
The baby is sooooooooo cute!!!

Pienosole said...

Sending many healing wishes and positive thoughts. :-)