Books by the old Leather Chair

  • Snow In The Summer
  • My Bible
  • The Power of Silence
  • What Comes Next and to Like It
  • Encore Provence
  • A Year in Provence

Monday, October 23, 2017

Remembering

There was a time in my past when every leaf hit the ground I raked them up, not anymore they are beautiful.
A rainy day and I am home, so nice and a lot of organizing papers on desk and closet with clothes
for this season.  Have chili and vegetable soup in the freezer and something simple I will make
peel apples and make a apple upside down cake, even have pecans to sprinkle in the butter and
brown sugar.   Sounds like Fall.   For years made a pineapple upside down cake and last year made
the apple - so good and very simple.
         just out of the oven - another time an addition of raisins - smells so good and so easy
         was not as easy to flip this time - so heavy but did it :)


Orthopedic doctor last Wednesday and my Jamie with me.   Everything the same, shots help pain in shoulders, knees that is a different story.  This healthy one through the years is now experiencing a lot with this petite body I did not expect.  Realize more then ever  nothing lasts forever.  So please all of you young ones Take Care of Yourselves....Told once again that they do not think I am a good candidate for knee surgery, not sure at this time if I agree. May go ahead since they tell me I have a lot of years ahead - oh my really I will be really ancient.   Something new is going to be tried if my insurance will cover.  3 shots over 3 weeks of a thick substance and some say it helps
the knee for weeks and others comment it does not.   Will see....

Trying something new, no pain or inflammatory medication, started 4 days ago and stopped
Tylenol 8 hour pain relief 3 times a day and several other things.  So far I feel better, will wait and see.
so checking in and just do not like sharing health issues
but guess part of this journey.    Thanks to the many who comment and email me.   Helps me   continue my joy of writing ...................

Wednesday and ultra sound on darkening ankle, told nothing serious, an issue sometimes with aging
a leaking vein.   Never heard of it, no weight on this one, no veins, just nice clear legs,
no heart problem.   So just something else to check and maybe just cauterize a vein
and wear a sock from ankle to below knee with pressure.   Oh my why does anyone want to read this because I surely do not like sharing.....

11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

The fall colors are lovely at your place.

I hope the Tumeric Curcumin works well for you.

Have a lovely last week of October ~ FlowerLady

lil red hen said...

We read because we care about you, Ernestine. Sooner or later we'll all be having health issues of some sort. Your upside down cake may be something I'll be trying! Although we don't need sweet things, there's always that craving for them. ;)

Tabor said...

If you are cautious and not sure, get second and third opinions from doctors. We all have to face this slowing down...sooner or later. You seem to be handling it all with great dignity and peace of mind, though.

joared said...

Hope you get some relief from the pain. Reading of so many getting relief from cannabis edibles, perhaps your doctor might recommend that. Husband received cortisone years ago that was most effective Following the first shot, but decreasingly so with subsequent ones. He was not a candidate for back surgery due to other medical issues.

Carolyn Marie said...

I enjoy reading your posts and hearing of your life's struggles, joys, and contentments. Your attitude is truly inspiring and you are a wonderful role model to me. I am early in my elder journey (67) but you are guiding my way.

Judy said...

I want to read this because I go through much of the same and so I don't feel so alone and wimpy!!! I am on a blood thinner so I can't take the Tumeric, which they say helps the pain. Tylenol Arthritis Strength--doesn't really help a lot, but helps a bit and that's good enough!

Pienosole said...

Your apple upside-down cake looks yummy! My mouth is watering. Hope your pain is reduced. Sending hugs. :-)

RITA LOEHR said...

I have taken the turmeric for several years and feel it does help me. Quit taking for a bit after surgery and could tell a difference in discomfort level. You remain very inspiring to me and I admire your spirit so much. You remind me of my wonderful mother, who at 88 told me that she didn’t feel any different on the inside as she did at 18, but her body had let her down. She, like you, fought the age fight with grace and determination! Hugs to you.

Bluebird49 said...

Turmeric has really gotten rid of most my husband's arthritic pain! I pray it helps you!

Wisewebwoman said...

I am so glad u share as I no longer feel alone in my physical and mental challenges.

XO
WWW

My Journey To Mindfulness said...

WWW, you are never alone..